Updating Fields in Crystal Reports
Author Message
 Updating Fields in Crystal Reports

Hello

I have a report made in Crystal Reports that I use to print data from a
program I have created.

To print it, I do this:   rptReport.PrintReport

However, when I make changes to the data, it doesn't print the newest ones.
It always prints the data it read the first time.

Is there a line I can add in the code above that line to make it refresh
itself first??

Thanks

Sat, 30 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Updating Fields in Crystal Reports
When creating the report make sure you do not check "Save Data With Report"
there are 3 places:  File menu and I think Report options and I forget the
other.  But, I think that is your problem.

Pete

Quote:
> Hello

> I have a report made in Crystal Reports that I use to print data from a
> program I have created.

> To print it, I do this:   rptReport.PrintReport

> However, when I make changes to the data, it doesn't print the newest
ones.
> It always prints the data it read the first time.

> Is there a line I can add in the code above that line to make it refresh
> itself first??

> Thanks

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Updating Fields in Crystal Reports
This seems to work for me:
1. Go to File/Options/Reporting tab
   Check-Refresh data on every print
   Uncheck- Save data with closed report
2. Go to Database/
   Check- Verify on every print
(b.t.w., I am using Crystal Reports 4.X)

Roger Baker
Longwood, FL

Quote:
> Hello

> I have a report made in Crystal Reports that I use to print data from
> program I have created.

> To print it, I do this:   rptReport.PrintReport

> However, when I make changes to the data, it doesn't print the newest
ones.
> It always prints the data it read the first time.

> Is there a line I can add in the code above that line to make it
refresh
> itself first??

> Thanks

Roger Baker
Longwood, FL

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports Updating Data Fields

2. Use report fields to update table fields

3. Cannot update report using Crystal Reports

4. Formula field to table field name (Crystal Reports 8)

5. Crystal Reports Professional 7- Memo fields will not appear on report

6. Making Crystal Reports display memo fields without messing up other parts of the report

7. Using Crystal Reports 8.5 to Report Fields From Public Contacts Folder on Exchange 5.5 Server

8. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

9. update schema for crystal report (.xsd schema)

10. Updating Crystal Report data at run time.

11. Update Crystal SQL Designer-based report

12. Updating Crystal Reports in VB4