Getting an Error 429 when trying to create an ADO connection
Author Message
 Getting an Error 429 when trying to create an ADO connection

The following statements
Dim MyConn As ADODB.Connection
Set MyConn = New ADODB.Connection

Is giving me a runtime error 429, Active X component can't create object.
This occurs on only one computer. On many others the code works flawlessly.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do to resolve this problem. The failing
computer is a Win95 machine.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mon, 10 May 2004 01:13:54 GMT
 Getting an Error 429 when trying to create an ADO connection
Hi,

That PC does not have ADO installed on it. Run MDAC which
will install ADO.

Val

Quote:

Mon, 10 May 2004 01:45:37 GMT
 Getting an Error 429 when trying to create an ADO connection
Hi,

Error 429 means the object is not correctly installed on the computer.

As to ADO, you should deploy MDAC to your clients. The error only occured
on one win95 computer, it is probably the MDAC component is not correctly
configured on this machine. Since MDAC component requires DCOM, I suggest
you install DCOM first and then reinstall MDAC on this computer.

Q191094, PRB: MDAC 2.x Requires DCOM95 to Install Under Windows 95
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q191/0/94.asp

In addition, DCOM can't be included in the PDW setup package, we have to
install it seperately.

Regards,
Steve

This posting is provided ?AS IS?, with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Mon, 10 May 2004 14:31:07 GMT

1. Error 429 trying to create Word objects - help!

2. Help: 429 Error when opening an ADO connection

3. another try - err 429 - can't create MSWinsockLib.winsock

4. another try - err 429 - can't create MSWinsockLib.winsock

5. Question on Error 429 & Registry - 2nd try

6. Question on Error 429 & Registry - 2nd try

7. Error 429 on ActiveX when try to compile

8. CurrentDB usage gets error 429

9. Getting error 429a when trying create database

10. Error Trying to create a db connection

11. ADO RDO can't create object err 429

12. Error 429 when creating outlook application