Copying the contents of a table in one database to another database
Author Message
 Copying the contents of a table in one database to another database

Hi.

I want to copy the CONTENTS of a table in one Access 2000 database to
another Access 2000 database.

I have tried this statement:

INSERT INTO SnapshotHeader ( Name ) in 'C:\test.mdb'
SELECT SnapshotHeader.Name
FROM SnapshotHeader;

This works perfect when the database is not password protected. If it is I
get a "Not a valid password" message. I know that the password is correct.

I could also use ADOX if that is possible....I'm using VB 6.

Any suggestions ?

David

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:56:19 GMT
 Copying the contents of a table in one database to another database
Can you first link the table from dbA to dbB, then query?  This way the db
password will be established already, and you won't have to deal with it.

--
HTH,

Steve Clark, Access MVP
Project Manager
Professional Solutions Group
www.FMSInc.com/Consulting
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote:
> Hi.

> I want to copy the CONTENTS of a table in one Access 2000 database to
> another Access 2000 database.

> I have tried this statement:

> INSERT INTO SnapshotHeader ( Name ) in 'C:\test.mdb'
> SELECT SnapshotHeader.Name
> FROM SnapshotHeader;

> This works perfect when the database is not password protected. If it is I
> get a "Not a valid password" message. I know that the password is correct.

> I could also use ADOX if that is possible....I'm using VB 6.

> Any suggestions ?

> David

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:15:12 GMT
 Copying the contents of a table in one database to another database
Yes, I have thought about that.

I was just wondering if it could be done directly by SQL...

Quote:
> Can you first link the table from dbA to dbB, then query?  This way the db
> password will be established already, and you won't have to deal with it.

> --
> HTH,

> Steve Clark, Access MVP
> Project Manager
> Professional Solutions Group
> www.FMSInc.com/Consulting
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

> > Hi.

> > I want to copy the CONTENTS of a table in one Access 2000 database to
> > another Access 2000 database.

> > I have tried this statement:

> > INSERT INTO SnapshotHeader ( Name ) in 'C:\test.mdb'
> > SELECT SnapshotHeader.Name
> > FROM SnapshotHeader;

> > This works perfect when the database is not password protected. If it is
> > get a "Not a valid password" message. I know that the password is
correct.

> > I could also use ADOX if that is possible....I'm using VB 6.

> > Any suggestions ?

> > David

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:37:04 GMT

1. Copying the contents of a table in one database to another database

2. How to copy the contents of a database to another one

3. MS Access DB - Copy Table A from Database A to Table A Database B

4. Copy text file contents to database table?

5. Copy text file contents to database table?

6. Copying tables from one database to another

7. Two problems with copying tables from one database to another

8. To Copy table from one Access database to other

9. Copy a table from one Database (AS400 or SQL server) to another (MDB)

10. Copy entire table from one database to another

11. Copying Tables from one Database to another

12. copying tables from one database to anaother