Specified SQL server not found.
Author Message
 Specified SQL server not found.

On an application that is connected to approx. 60 workstations
sporadically we get the message as the application is trying to connect
to the datasource.  The application is VB6 and the db is SQL 7.0.  We
are connecting using the SQL OLE DB provider (Provider=SQLOLEDB.1) and
coming in through a Trusted Connection.  I have tried to change the
Network Library to use the TCP/IP socket connectivity in the connect
string to the Server.   However, it fails as well indicating it cannot
find the server as well.

Our network is NT using sp 5(setup to use TCP/IP) and the clients are
Windows 95.

Tue, 28 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Specified SQL server not found.
Check how many concurrent connections your SQL server will allow you.

We have had this problem, and it is caused when you have more connections
than SQL server is set to allow. For example our server allows 5
connections. If I open SQL Query analyser and open 5 query windows, this
acounts for all the connections. Opening a sixth causes the errror

Quote:
> On an application that is connected to approx. 60 workstations
> sporadically we get the message as the application is trying to connect
> to the datasource.  The application is VB6 and the db is SQL 7.0.  We
> are connecting using the SQL OLE DB provider (Provider=SQLOLEDB.1) and
> coming in through a Trusted Connection.  I have tried to change the
> Network Library to use the TCP/IP socket connectivity in the connect
> string to the Server.   However, it fails as well indicating it cannot
> find the server as well.

> Our network is NT using sp 5(setup to use TCP/IP) and the clients are
> Windows 95.

Wed, 29 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Specified SQL server not found.
If it happens to PC's that work sometimes an not other times, then it sounds
like a licensing problem.

If it's always the same PC's it sounds like an IP network problem.

Make sure you have the latest MDAC installed, and that "Driver=dbmsoccn" is
in your connect string.

As a diagnostic test try connecting to the IP Address and port of the SQL
server (i.e. don;t use DNS or WINS) if that works, then check your DNS/WINS
configuration on the PC's.

Regards,

DB

Quote:
> On an application that is connected to approx. 60 workstations
> sporadically we get the message as the application is trying to connect
> to the datasource.  The application is VB6 and the db is SQL 7.0.  We
> are connecting using the SQL OLE DB provider (Provider=SQLOLEDB.1) and
> coming in through a Trusted Connection.  I have tried to change the
> Network Library to use the TCP/IP socket connectivity in the connect
> string to the Server.   However, it fails as well indicating it cannot
> find the server as well.

> Our network is NT using sp 5(setup to use TCP/IP) and the clients are
> Windows 95.

Fri, 31 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Specified SQL server not found.

2. Specified SQL server not found (ERROR)

3. Specified SQL Server not found error

4. Specified SQL server not found.

5. Error #-2146824582 ADO could not find the specified provider Using SQL SERVER CE

6. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

7. Specified Server Not Found Error

8. SQL-Server not found

9. Another Physical DB not found (but with SQL server)

10. SQL Server Not Found

11. Crystal 6 with Oracle - Error 599 SQL SERVER NOT FOUND

12. Can not find SQL Server