VB6 with ADO works fine on W2k not on Win NT4 
Author Message
 VB6 with ADO works fine on W2k not on Win NT4

Hello,
after checking newsgroups per google Im stuck with this problem:

I created an app with VB6 SP4 on Win2k SP1. It uses an Access97 database and
works
fine on the developing machine.
My customer uses Win NT4 WS. I have a test machine for installation.
After creating a setup per package and deployment wizard and trying to
install on
test machine this error pops up:
"File '1' cant be registered, because it wasnt found"    (or similar,
translated from german).

There wasnt much info to find about this error message.
So I took the exe-file and copied it manually, and registered the one
ActiveX-control manually
(a setup was available).
This worked, but I use one form with ADO for the Access97-db. When I open
the form,
I receive error 545 on Form_Load:
"field or data member cant be bound: 'woIdnr'"

As far as I read in newsgroups, there seems to be a conflict with libraries
ADO, MDAC or ???.
I registered msbind.dll (Version 6.00.8862) manually, no success.
My mdac_typ.exe is version 25.0.4403.12.

Seems I only need the right combination and version ADO and MDAC.

How get I running an VB6-app with ADO on WIN NT4?
Any hints?
thanx

--
Stefan Fey



Sun, 24 Oct 2004 06:23:39 GMT  
 VB6 with ADO works fine on W2k not on Win NT4
Did you run mdac_type.exe (V2.5) on the Nt4 machine ?

Jw Vriesman

--
Groeten,
Ans & Jan Willem Vriesman

H: http://home.planet.nl/~jw.vriesman

The contents of this mail is checked with
Norman anti virus software.


Quote:
> Hello,
> after checking newsgroups per google Im stuck with this problem:

> I created an app with VB6 SP4 on Win2k SP1. It uses an Access97 database
and
> works
> fine on the developing machine.
> My customer uses Win NT4 WS. I have a test machine for installation.
> After creating a setup per package and deployment wizard and trying to
> install on
> test machine this error pops up:
> "File '1' cant be registered, because it wasnt found"    (or similar,
> translated from german).

> There wasnt much info to find about this error message.
> So I took the exe-file and copied it manually, and registered the one
> ActiveX-control manually
> (a setup was available).
> This worked, but I use one form with ADO for the Access97-db. When I open
> the form,
> I receive error 545 on Form_Load:
> "field or data member cant be bound: 'woIdnr'"

> As far as I read in newsgroups, there seems to be a conflict with
libraries
> ADO, MDAC or ???.
> I registered msbind.dll (Version 6.00.8862) manually, no success.
> My mdac_typ.exe is version 25.0.4403.12.

> Seems I only need the right combination and version ADO and MDAC.

> How get I running an VB6-app with ADO on WIN NT4?
> Any hints?
> thanx

> --
> Stefan Fey




Sun, 24 Oct 2004 14:31:22 GMT  
 VB6 with ADO works fine on W2k not on Win NT4
So now Ive run mdac_typ.exe manually on the NT4SP6-machine, but no success.

If I had a clue what the File '1' -error means I could try get the PDW
running.
But after inspecting the st6unst.000-file I still have no idea.
--
Stefan Fey



Quote:
> Did you run mdac_type.exe (V2.5) on the Nt4 machine ?

> Jw Vriesman

> --
> Groeten,
> Ans & Jan Willem Vriesman

> H: http://home.planet.nl/~jw.vriesman

> The contents of this mail is checked with
> Norman anti virus software.



> > Hello,
> > after checking newsgroups per google Im stuck with this problem:

> > I created an app with VB6 SP4 on Win2k SP1. It uses an Access97 database
> and
> > works
> > fine on the developing machine.
> > My customer uses Win NT4 WS. I have a test machine for installation.
> > After creating a setup per package and deployment wizard and trying to
> > install on
> > test machine this error pops up:
> > "File '1' cant be registered, because it wasnt found"    (or similar,
> > translated from german).

> > There wasnt much info to find about this error message.
> > So I took the exe-file and copied it manually, and registered the one
> > ActiveX-control manually
> > (a setup was available).
> > This worked, but I use one form with ADO for the Access97-db. When I
open
> > the form,
> > I receive error 545 on Form_Load:
> > "field or data member cant be bound: 'woIdnr'"

> > As far as I read in newsgroups, there seems to be a conflict with
> libraries
> > ADO, MDAC or ???.
> > I registered msbind.dll (Version 6.00.8862) manually, no success.
> > My mdac_typ.exe is version 25.0.4403.12.

> > Seems I only need the right combination and version ADO and MDAC.

> > How get I running an VB6-app with ADO on WIN NT4?
> > Any hints?
> > thanx

> > --
> > Stefan Fey




Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:40:19 GMT  
 VB6 with ADO works fine on W2k not on Win NT4
Now I found the solution:

see MS KB Q208699

thats it!



Quote:
> So now Ive run mdac_typ.exe manually on the NT4SP6-machine, but no
success.

> If I had a clue what the File '1' -error means I could try get the PDW
> running.
> But after inspecting the st6unst.000-file I still have no idea.
> --
> Stefan Fey



> > Did you run mdac_type.exe (V2.5) on the Nt4 machine ?

> > Jw Vriesman

> > --
> > Groeten,
> > Ans & Jan Willem Vriesman

> > H: http://home.planet.nl/~jw.vriesman

> > The contents of this mail is checked with
> > Norman anti virus software.



> > > Hello,
> > > after checking newsgroups per google Im stuck with this problem:

> > > I created an app with VB6 SP4 on Win2k SP1. It uses an Access97
database
> > and
> > > works
> > > fine on the developing machine.
> > > My customer uses Win NT4 WS. I have a test machine for installation.
> > > After creating a setup per package and deployment wizard and trying to
> > > install on
> > > test machine this error pops up:
> > > "File '1' cant be registered, because it wasnt found"    (or
similar,
> > > translated from german).

> > > There wasnt much info to find about this error message.
> > > So I took the exe-file and copied it manually, and registered the one
> > > ActiveX-control manually
> > > (a setup was available).
> > > This worked, but I use one form with ADO for the Access97-db. When I
> open
> > > the form,
> > > I receive error 545 on Form_Load:
> > > "field or data member cant be bound: 'woIdnr'"

> > > As far as I read in newsgroups, there seems to be a conflict with
> > libraries
> > > ADO, MDAC or ???.
> > > I registered msbind.dll (Version 6.00.8862) manually, no success.
> > > My mdac_typ.exe is version 25.0.4403.12.

> > > Seems I only need the right combination and version ADO and MDAC.

> > > How get I running an VB6-app with ADO on WIN NT4?
> > > Any hints?
> > > thanx

> > > --
> > > Stefan Fey




Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:17:24 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. CDO update method works W2K but not in NT4

2. Stretchblt is not working fine under win 95 ?

3. Vb6 and Word working fine on one machine but not on other

4. Vb6 and Word working fine on one machine but not on other

5. VB6 Showprinter not working with NT4 SP3

6. Help: a VB6 program compiled on Win95 does not work on NT4

7. Error Win 95 Machines Using VB (Works Fine on NT Machines)

8. Platform Manager won't connect even though ActiveSync works fine

9. GetComputerName not working on win95, works on NT4

10. An ActiveX written in VB works just fine in vb6 but returns errors when

11. Works fine when not an EXE...

12. DHTML/SQL Server app works fine internally, not on web server

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software