ado command output to ado stream
Author Message
 ado command output to ado stream

I am going more than a little crazy with this.  I am trying to use a command
object to execute a MSSQL (2000) stored procedure that includes an XML
EXPLICIT query.  This would seem to require that the result be returned to
an ADO Stream object.

There are several examples in the MS documentation that indicate that you
can do this with code like:

cmd.Properties("Output Stream").Value = str

where cmd is an ADODB Command object and str is an ADODB Stream object, both
of which have been properly instantiated.

When I execute this statement I get an error message "Item cannot be found
in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal".  And sure
enough, when I enumerate the properties of the ADODB Command object there is
NO property named "Output Stream".  This is true with ADO 2.6 (for which
most of the documentation examples seem to have been written) and ADO 2.7.

Any ideas out there about what I should do to solve this, either by fixing
the problem outlined above or an alternative strategy I might use?

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:18:37 GMT

1. Executing stored proc with Output params without ADO Command object

2. ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted

3. ADO methods vs ADO commands - Which is faster?

4. ADO Stream Object??

5. Recordset persistence with ADO Stream

6. MTS/distributed recordsets (ADO XML streaming??)

7. MTS/distributed ADO recordsets (XML streaming????)

8. ado stream question

9. ADO stream object and charset property and internet publishing

10. Scripting the ADO stream object

11. ADO Stream Write

12. Open an ADO Stream from a URL