Using SQL in ADO to call FOXPRO 6.0
Author Message
 Using SQL in ADO to call FOXPRO 6.0

I have had some success in retrieving recordsets from a FoxPro database
by using SQL statements issued thru the ADO Open method. For example,
"SELECT firstname, lastname FROM student" works and gives me a rs I can
use to populate controls. However, there seems to be some SQL-FoxPro
that is escaping me. For example, if I issue the statement "SELECT
firstname, lastname FROM student INTO TABLE teacher", I still get a rs
returned, the event occurs without error, but no teacher table is
created. I'm used to Access SQL and the order of the keywords in this
statement are a bit different in FoxPro according to what I can glean
from the FoxPro help. Looking for any/all info/books/resources/etc that
would give me the fullest understanding of how VB using ADO issuing SQL
to FoxPro can be driven the furthest. Tx!

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. insert sql syntax for FOXPRO using ADO with DATE columns

2. ADO connection using Foxpro table (DBF) - SQL

3. VB with BeginTrans using native ODBCAPI calls to SQL Server 6.0

4. ADO connect to Visual FoxPro 6.0 Database

5. Using FoxPro 3.0 tables in VB using ADO

6. using Visual FoxPro Databases in Visual Basic 6.0

7. Opening a Foxpro 2.6 database using VB 6.0

8. Using FoxPro TLB in VB 6.0

9. Accessing FoxPro using VB 6.0 SP3

10. Accessing Visual Foxpro 6.0 with VB 6.0

11. VB 6.0 - Visual FoxPro 6.0 Tables and VB

12. Using RDO to do SQL updates on SQL Server 6.0