ALTER stmt does not update ADOX catalog
Author Message
 ALTER stmt does not update ADOX catalog

At least not immediately.  I can issue the following statement:
ALTER Table (tablename) ALTER (columnname) Integer
where the column was previously a string (data permitting, or vice
versa)
and the column in the table will change data types (as confirmed by
viewing
table in design view thru Access, immediately following).

However, when interrogating the catalog, the column type of the above
altered column has not changed (or so the catalog reports).  Did
Microsoft
forget to update ADOX catalog real time?

One can create a new connection to the database's ADOX catalog and the
new column type will be reported correctly.

Any opinions, am I missing something?
I would prefer to use the existing catalog connection rather than set a
new one.

Dean

Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADOX Catalog.Users collection not updated after delete

2. Problems w/ ADOX Catalog object (provider not capable...)

3. Databound controls not updating underlying value on SHAPE stmt

4. Databound controls not updating underlying value on SHAPE stmt

5. Databound controls not updating underlying value on SHAPE stmt

6. Databound controls not updating underlying value on SHAPE stmt

7. ADOX.catalog error.

8. ADOX.Catalog

9. create/delete fields with Adox - catalog object

10. ADOX.Catalog

11. ADOX catalog object - strange phenomenon

12. ADOX catalog