ADO Refresh and Find questions
Author Message
 ADO Refresh and Find questions

In VB6, I have a DataGrid control that uses a ADODC as its DataSource. The
ADODC recordset consists of all records that have the Status field =
'Active'. If I change an 'Inactive' record to 'Active' and refresh it
doesn't show up. If I change another record and refresh, the first one now
shows up in the grid. If I change a third record and refresh - the second
one shows up. For some reason, my grid and ADODC seems to be one record
behind. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Also, I can't get Find to work with LIKE.

but

.Find "Email like 'abcde*'" doesn't work. I've tried using * and % as wild
cards and using and not using the single quotes but nothing works. So,
what's the secret?

Sat, 07 May 2005 16:41:54 GMT
 ADO Refresh and Find questions
Hi,

Are you using Access database? If yes, then delay happens because Jet caches
changes in memory for 5 seconds and, by-default, you will not see them right
after you inserted them. See next KBs about solutions

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q291238

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q200300

About second problem. Your code should look like. If it is not working, then
check if you really have matching records

.Find "Email like 'abcde%'"

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> In VB6, I have a DataGrid control that uses a ADODC as its DataSource. The
> ADODC recordset consists of all records that have the Status field =
> 'Active'. If I change an 'Inactive' record to 'Active' and refresh it
> doesn't show up. If I change another record and refresh, the first one now
> shows up in the grid. If I change a third record and refresh - the second
> one shows up. For some reason, my grid and ADODC seems to be one record
> behind. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

> Also, I can't get Find to work with LIKE.

> but

> .Find "Email like 'abcde*'" doesn't work. I've tried using * and % as wild
> cards and using and not using the single quotes but nothing works. So,
> what's the secret?

Sat, 07 May 2005 21:19:19 GMT

1. Questions about refreshing datas (VB6+ADO+SQLSERVER2000) - please help (Newb question)

2. Questions about refreshing datas (VB6+ADO+SQLSERVER2000) - please help (Newb question)

3. ADO Recordset.Find question

4. Question about .find method in ADO

5. ADO Find Question

6. ADO - recordset.find question

7. ADO recordset.find question

8. ADO Find Question

9. Find / Find next routine using ADO

10. ADO Finding Highest Number in ADO Recordset field?

11. Refresh VB ADO From VBA in ArcGIS

12. ADO Connection Refresh