Need help finding missing objects/references for a VB program
Author Message
 Need help finding missing objects/references for a VB program

I downloaded an interesting little proigram from the web which uses ADO
to perform a task I would like to be able to perform.

Unfortunately, when I try to run the program I egt an error message
"Compiler Error: Can't find project or library".

When I click on the message box, up pops the VB References window with 2
lines containing the word "MISSING" as follows :

    MISSING : Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library
    MISSING : Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.6 for DDL and Security

In the code view window the following lines is highlited

    Dim cn As ADODB.Connection

I have a "Working Model Edition" of VB6 running on my Windows NT4 PC.
Where can I download the missing items and how do I install them after I
download them.

--
---------

Barry Kimelman
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 01:56:44 GMT
 Need help finding missing objects/references for a VB program
Hi,

Just scroll through the list of object libraries and check if you have older
version of ADO. Maybe 2.5. Select it. In most cases it should work with 2.5
as well. If not, then you would need to install MDAC 2.6

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:

> I downloaded an interesting little proigram from the web which uses ADO
> to perform a task I would like to be able to perform.

> Unfortunately, when I try to run the program I egt an error message
> "Compiler Error: Can't find project or library".

> When I click on the message box, up pops the VB References window with 2
> lines containing the word "MISSING" as follows :

>     MISSING : Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library
>     MISSING : Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.6 for DDL and Security

> In the code view window the following lines is highlited

>     Dim cn As ADODB.Connection

> I have a "Working Model Edition" of VB6 running on my Windows NT4 PC.
> Where can I download the missing items and how do I install them after I
> download them.

> --
> ---------

> Barry Kimelman
> Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 02:09:45 GMT
 Need help finding missing objects/references for a VB program

I downloaded an interesting little proigram from the web which uses ADO
to perform a task I would like to be able to perform.

Unfortunately, when I try to run the program I egt an error message
"Compiler Error: Can't find project or library".

When I click on the message box, up pops the VB References window with 2
lines containing the word "MISSING" as follows :

    MISSING : Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library
    MISSING : Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.6 for DDL and Security

In the code view window the following lines is highlited

    Dim cn As ADODB.Connection

I have a "Working Model Edition" of VB6 running on my Windows NT4 PC.
Where can I download the missing items and how do I install them after I
download them.

Try downloading the latest version of MDAC 2.6:

http://www.microsoft.com/data/?RLD=68

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 04:25:00 GMT

1. Missing Object or Library...Need Help

2. Missing Object or Library....Need Help Access 97

3. Need Good Reference on VB/API Windows Programming

4. object model - need help referencing specific cells

5. Need help in resolving circular references between objects

6. Need help with object references

7. dotnet Reference to non-shared member requires object reference - Global.asax.vb

8. I need help on programming TCP/IP with VB directly into the program

9. Passing an object reference by reference where the object has a default property

10. Need Help Find and edit OLE OBJECT used in report

11. Missing References HELP!