Error in accessing from ADO Recordset
Author Message
 Error in accessing from ADO Recordset

Hi All,
I am trying to access a field from a ADO recordset. But i am getting an
error it says "Multiple step operation generated errors.Check each status
value".
i checked err.source it says "microsoft cursor engine"
This i did't face earlier. Do anybody know abt this error???

Thanks
Rajani

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:55:12 GMT
 Error in accessing from ADO Recordset
hi,

Usually this error happens in case if you try to assign
value to field, which has different datatype then value
itselt. For example if you will try to assign empty string
to numeric field, you will get that error. Check what you
are trying to assign

Val
Microsoft MVP

Quote:

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:47:40 GMT
 Error in accessing from ADO Recordset

Hi All,
I am trying to access a field from a ADO recordset. But i am getting an
error it says "Multiple step operation generated errors.Check each status
value".
i checked err.source it says "microsoft cursor engine"
This i did't face earlier. Do anybody know abt this error???

I've also seen this happen when attempting to update a database field where the
contents exceed the maximum defined size of the field.

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:27:46 GMT

1. compile-time error accessing ado recordset fields

2. Error opening ADO recordset hitting Access 2000

3. Open ADO recordset on another ADO recordset - possible?

4. Overflow Error Opening ADO Recordset

5. ADO:Recordset->Move error!

6. ADO error on recordset.update

7. VB 6/ADO 2.1/JET- Saving blank text boxes to recordset causes error

8. VB 6/ADO 2.1/JET- Copying NULL fields across recordsets causes error 80040e21

9. ADO Error on a recordset field

10. Error 3210 when using ADO and Recordset.

11. ADO Recordset Update Error

12. Type mismatch error setting ADO recordset