ADO Recordset filter comparing fields
Author Message
 ADO Recordset filter comparing fields

I'm trying to filter an ADO recordset and I'm having a problem when
comparing fields.

If I do a simple [fielda] > 10 then this works fine, however when I do
something like

[fieldA] > [fieldB]

I get the good old error.
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
conflict with one another.

The recordset uses aliases for the field names but the names I use are the
names that return if interrogate
rs.recordset.fields(1) for example

Anyone got any ideas or can ADO not perform filters by field comparison?

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Recordset filter comparing fields

Quote:
> [fieldA] > [fieldB]

Not possible

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Filtering ADO Recordset on Date Field using NON-US Locale

2. MDX field name in ADO recordset filter property

3. ADO Filter, Problem with > compare

4. vb6 date variables comparing with access date fields returns always empty recordset

5. Filter all fields from recordset except something*

6. .Recordset.Filter & field of database variable

7. Help! ADO SQL Null field compare

8. LIKE operator in filter property of recordset (for numeric fields)

9. ADO Finding Highest Number in ADO Recordset field?

10. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

11. ado Recordset Filter property

12. Bug in ADO Recordset.Filter?