ADO Error
Author Message
 ADO Error

Hi all,

I have connected my app to an Access database. When modifying the records or
adding a new one, I can't have a blank field: I get an "invalid utilisation
of null" error. Though, If I leave the field without touching it (it is
blank then...), I do not have the error!! It's a problem because if the user
started to fill the field and decides in the end to leave it blank, I will
have an error preventing the app to modify the .mdb!

Any ideas guys ?

Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:55:29 GMT
 ADO Error
Hi,

Probably you field has property, which prevent emty
values. So it does not allow to store empty values into
it. NULL is special case, it is not empty value. What you
can do is to check if your value is empty. If it is, then
assign NULL to field.

Val

Quote:

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 20:59:50 GMT
 ADO Error
Thanx for your answer...

I'll try to explore things in this direction, then...

Quote:
> Hi,

> Probably you field has property, which prevent emty
> values. So it does not allow to store empty values into
> it. NULL is special case, it is not empty value. What you
> can do is to check if your value is empty. If it is, then
> assign NULL to field.

> Val

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 06:13:55 GMT

1. Error 3251, ADO Error - really need help urgently

2. Unpredictable ADO error '-2147467259 - unspecified error'

3. Error reading ado error properties

4. ado errors not trapped by vb error object???

5. VBA/ADO error and missing Help system info

6. ADO Error

7. DAO to ADO Error

8. ADO error calling PDS method <ProjectsAccess>

9. ADO error

10. ADO Error

11. ADO error: Cannot resolve collation...

12. ADO Error in VBScript