Higher Performance Method
Author Message
 Higher Performance Method

I'm presently using the GetRows method to extract a two
dimensional array from an ADO recordset, and would like to
modify the two dimensional array slightly, and write it
back to a database table. I've experimented with using
the .AddNew and .Update methods but I have not been
satisfied with the performance. Are there any methods out
there that i have overlooked?

Thanks.

Sun, 22 May 2005 06:34:31 GMT
 Higher Performance Method
if you're just modifying data why aren't you using SQL updates?

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Sun, 22 May 2005 11:51:12 GMT
 Higher Performance Method
John,

Why not to change values directly in recordset? Also, probably it is
possible to create some sort of UPDATE, which will modify records directly
in database, but it depends on what you need to achieve

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> I'm presently using the GetRows method to extract a two
> dimensional array from an ADO recordset, and would like to
> modify the two dimensional array slightly, and write it
> back to a database table. I've experimented with using
> the .AddNew and .Update methods but I have not been
> satisfied with the performance. Are there any methods out
> there that i have overlooked?

> Thanks.

Sun, 22 May 2005 12:05:24 GMT

1. High Performance VB

2. High-Performance ODBC Drivers For Oracle

3. High Performance VB

4. Ann: High-Performance sorting component

5. High Performance HTML calls

6. Ann: High-Performance sorting component

7. Wanted: High performance 2D graphics control

8. New: High-Performance Sorting Component ActiveX and DLL (Shareware)

9. Ann: High-Performance Sort Component, ActiveX (Shareware)

10. Ann: High-Performance Sort Library as ActiveX - Shareware

11. Ann: High-Performance sorting component

12. Ann: High-Performance Sort Component, ActiveX (Shareware)