access 2000 record locking in a queue
Author Message
 access 2000 record locking in a queue

Hi,

I have several copies of a vb app processing messages stored as records in a
table in an access 2000 db. The app communicates with the db using ado.

I would like to have some way of ensuring that each record is processed by
only one copy of the app, i.e. processed only once, and then marked as
processed. I suppose I need some sort of record locking, and have seen ways
to do this in Oracle or in SQL server but not in Access.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I don't scan this group regularly, so please reply to my email address.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sam

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:53:20 GMT

1. Record Locking in Access 2000/SQL

2. record locking with access 2000

3. record locking with access 2000

4. Record Locking in Access 2000

5. Record Locking in SQL Server 7 or 2000

6. Record Locking - Is there a way to test to see if a record has been locked

7. ACCESS 2000-ADODB-LOCKING

8. Why is this code locking the table in access 2000

9. ACC2000 Implicit table or recordset exclusive locking access 2000

10. row-level locking with dao and access 2000

11. Access 2000 ODBC SQL locking

12. Database corrupts when use register locks whith access 2000 and vb6