More than 1 password in DSN connection
Author Message
 More than 1 password in DSN connection

Hello,
At the first time, sorry for my poor english.

So, i try to make a connection to access database with a DSN system, the
database has a database password with users security with file .MDW
associated.Each user has a name and a password.

example:
DSN ADODB :
"dsn=DSN name;uid=user name;pwd=password;" but user password or database
password ???
How to pass 2 passwords user+database with the dsn ???

Thanks for yours answers !

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:01:15 GMT
 More than 1 password in DSN connection
Hi,

Check next link for different connection strings

http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

Val

Quote:

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:15:49 GMT

1. Crystal and ODBC DSN/DSN-less connections - do I need USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN

2. password connection without DSN for jet/MSAccess 2000

3. password connection without DSN for jet/MSAccess 2000

4. performance different between DSN to DSN-Less Connection

5. DSN vs DSN-less connections

6. OLEDB Connection instead of DSN Connection.

7. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

8. Connection string for DSN-less Informix connection

9. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

10. which Dsn(Data Source Name) is Faster System DSN Or File DSN

11. reading username/password form file DSN

12. RDC problem w/ DSN and password from VB