Help!!-NEWBIE - Application Wizard -(WROX BOOK) Error- User defined type not defined
Author Message
 Help!!-NEWBIE - Application Wizard -(WROX BOOK) Error- User defined type not defined

After using the application wizard (VB6 ) to connect to the test database
Biblio. (N.B. Database format  set to Access when running the wizard.)

 After running the wizard I carried out a run time test; the  error "User
defined data type not defined.

 I tried checking a control and it's properties seemed correct - where am I
going wrong?

No additional data, methods or data types have been entered or defined at
this point only the wizards work.

Below copy of line highlighted as requiring a data type definition - ADODB?

Private Sub datPrimaryRS_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As
ADODB.EventReasonEnum, ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As
ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset)

Regards
David

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help!!-NEWBIE - Application Wizard -(WROX BOOK) Error- User defined type not defined

Quote:

> After using the application wizard (VB6 ) to connect to the test database
> Biblio. (N.B. Database format  set to Access when running the wizard.)

>  After running the wizard I carried out a run time test; the  error "User
> defined data type not defined.

>  I tried checking a control and it's properties seemed correct - where am I
> going wrong?

> No additional data, methods or data types have been entered or defined at
> this point only the wizards work.

> Below copy of line highlighted as requiring a data type definition - ADODB?

> Private Sub datPrimaryRS_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As
> ADODB.EventReasonEnum, ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As
> ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset)

  I don't use wizards much cuz it's eazier for me to figger out what I
did wrong instead of what the Wiz did wrong :-)
  If VB has a problem with the term "ADODB", first thing I'd check is
the VB 'Project' menu item, under 'References...' - Is there a reference
checked for 'Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.X Library' ?
--
Jim in Cleveland
If you're writing to me, in my address

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help!!-NEWBIE - Application Wizard -(WROX BOOK) Error- User defined type not defined

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help!!-NEWBIE - Application Wizard -(WROX BOOK) Error- User defined type not defined
What can I say -  Jim In cleavleand - I could kiss you except I am not that
way out (being that you and I are Huuu Huuu MALES Grunt Grunt).
:-)
Tankyou very much and may you have lots of luck with your endeavours
whatever they may be.
Regards
David

Quote:

> > After using the application wizard (VB6 ) to connect to the test
database
> > Biblio. (N.B. Database format  set to Access when running the wizard.)

> >  After running the wizard I carried out a run time test; the  error
"User
> > defined data type not defined.

> >  I tried checking a control and it's properties seemed correct - where
am I
> > going wrong?

> > No additional data, methods or data types have been entered or defined
at
> > this point only the wizards work.

> > Below copy of line highlighted as requiring a data type definition -
ADODB?

> > Private Sub datPrimaryRS_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As
> > ADODB.EventReasonEnum, ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As
> > ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset)

>   I don't use wizards much cuz it's eazier for me to figger out what I
> did wrong instead of what the Wiz did wrong :-)
>   If VB has a problem with the term "ADODB", first thing I'd check is
> the VB 'Project' menu item, under 'References...' - Is there a reference
> checked for 'Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.X Library' ?
> --
> Jim in Cleveland
> If you're writing to me, in my address
> change "REAL_Address.see.below" to "worldnet.att.net"
>  ((("What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?" - Nick Lowe)))

Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help!!-NEWBIE - Application Wizard -(WROX BOOK) Error- User defined type not defined

2. Help: user defined type not defined (Outlook.Application)

3. user defined type not defined error help please

4. Dim oappWD as Word.Application: User defined type not defined

5. Dim oappWD as Word.Application: User defined type not defined

6. Compile Error: User-defined type not defined

7. Compile Error - User defined type not defined

8. Compile Error - User-Defined type not defined

9. User-Defined type not defined error (MAPI.Session)

10. Compile error: User-defined data type not defined!

11. User-Defined type not defined error (MAPI.Session)

12. ComctlLib; compiler error: User-defined type not defined