Need help from VB Data Environment Expert ?
Author Message
 Need help from VB Data Environment Expert ?

I am having problem regarding requerying the Data Environment Records.

I have couple of text boxes on a form where datafields and datamember are
preset at design time while datasource property is left blank and is set at
runtime on form load event, as under:

Sub Form_Load()

For each control in me.controls
if typeof control is textbox then
set control.datasource=deInvoice
End if
Next

End Sub

I have used separate ADO recordsets to save the data.

Sub cmdSave_Click()

RsInvoice.open "Select * from Invoice",cnDb,...
RsCust.open "Select * from Customers",cnDb,..

RsInvoice.Addnew
fields.value =text1.text
RsInvoice.Update

RsCust.Addnew
fields.value =text2.text
RsCust.Update

The records are saved perfectly but when I click on Previous command button,
where deInvoice.rscmdInvoice.Movenext is written, either Multiple Step
operation Error occurs or Operation not allowed error occurs.

How can I requery the Data Environment so that Data Environment Recordsets
are updated and shown in textboxes.

When I unload form and reload it with frmInvoice.show, the saved records
display fine.

Any Idea Please?

Best Regards,

Luqman

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:25:14 GMT
 Need help from VB Data Environment Expert ?
Try an Ado.refresh

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:24:11 GMT

1. VB to SQL server needs Data Environment install?

2. Data Environment help desperately needed please

3. Need HELP - Data Environment @Parameters

4. Need help with Data Environment

5. Data Environment and DataGrid (Really need help)

6. Experts! VB Script help needed

7. I need help from a vb and vc++ expert

8. VB Expert HELP needed: Tricky function naming problem

9. Expert Help In VB Needed

10. I NEED A VB EXPERT'S HELP!!

11. I need help from a vb and vc++ expert

12. I NEED A VB EXPERT'S HELP!