GUID problem in MDAC 2.7
Author Message
 GUID problem in MDAC 2.7

After installing MDAC 2.7, our GUIDs returned from a SQL Server back end
come without curly braces {}. This has wrecked havoc upon our front end
code, which was written for MDAC 2.6. We are using ADO with the OLE DB for
SQL provider.

Help!! Has anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks,
Sandy Breon

Sat, 14 May 2005 23:17:32 GMT
 GUID problem in MDAC 2.7
Hi,

Are you using SQLXML?

If MDAC 2.7 installed, SQLXML query does not return curly braces around the
GUID field data.

If MDAC 2.6 installed, SQLXML query returns the GUID field with the curly
braces.

To work around it,

Modifying the code slightly to

SELECT '{' + CAST(myGuid AS varchar(50)) + '}' AS GUID FROM  myTable

--
Parker Zhang
Microsoft Developer Support

Mon, 16 May 2005 17:33:12 GMT

1. Does MDAC 2.7 Support RDO ?

2. MDAC 2.7 THAI

3. WinXP, MDAC 2.7 and Oracle8i connection issue

4. WISE MDAC 2.7

5. MDAC 2.7 silent install

6. Update all rows in a large database using Access 2002, MDAC 2.7, Jet 4.0

7. MDAC 2.5 or 2.7

8. Upgrding to MDAC 2.7

9. MDAC 2.7

10. MDAC 2.7???