Type Mismatch 
Author Message
 Type Mismatch

Hi,
When i run the following statement i get an Type Mismatch error

set mConnection = new ADODB.Connection
mConnection.open sDBName
mConnection.execute(sSQL, ,adcmdText) ---> error

I am executing this an exe. This machine does not have mdac installed and no
VB installed. Any leads?? Thanks

Sri



Sat, 17 Apr 2004 06:16:29 GMT  
 Type Mismatch
Hi,

Actually you cannot run your aplication if ADO is not
installed on that PC. Is it working fine on another PC?

Val

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,
>When i run the following statement i get an Type Mismatch
error

>set mConnection = new ADODB.Connection
>mConnection.open sDBName
>mConnection.execute(sSQL, ,adcmdText) ---> error

>I am executing this an exe. This machine does not have

mdac installed and no
Quote:
>VB installed. Any leads?? Thanks

>Sri

>.



Sat, 17 Apr 2004 06:31:53 GMT  
 Type Mismatch
Yes it works on other PCs.


Quote:
> Hi,

> Actually you cannot run your aplication if ADO is not
> installed on that PC. Is it working fine on another PC?

> Val

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Hi,
> >When i run the following statement i get an Type Mismatch
> error

> >set mConnection = new ADODB.Connection
> >mConnection.open sDBName
> >mConnection.execute(sSQL, ,adcmdText) ---> error

> >I am executing this an exe. This machine does not have
> mdac installed and no
> >VB installed. Any leads?? Thanks

> >Sri

> >.



Sat, 17 Apr 2004 07:20:27 GMT  
 Type Mismatch

Quote:
> When i run the following statement i get an Type Mismatch error
> set mConnection = new ADODB.Connection
> mConnection.open sDBName
> mConnection.execute(sSQL, ,adcmdText) ---> error

> I am executing this an exe. This machine does not have MDAC installed and no
> VB installed.

Sri
Create a Setup for your EXE.  Then install that Setup on the client's PC
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=kb;en-us;Q213846

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman
Microsoft Visual Basic MVP
http://www.able-consulting.com



Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:14:05 GMT  
 Type Mismatch

released on Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:16:29 -0600 bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:
>Hi,
>When i run the following statement i get an Type Mismatch error

>set mConnection = new ADODB.Connection
>mConnection.open sDBName
>mConnection.execute(sSQL, ,adcmdText) ---> error

That line is incorrect and should be highlighted in red

Call mConnection.Execute(sSQL, , adCmdText)

or

mConnection.Execute sSQL, , adCmdText

J

Quote:
>I am executing this an exe. This machine does not have mdac installed and no
>VB installed. Any leads?? Thanks

>Sri



Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:06:48 GMT  
 Type Mismatch
Hi,

Do like Carl said. It should resolve your problem.

Val

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Yes it works on other PCs.



>> Hi,

>> Actually you cannot run your aplication if ADO is not
>> installed on that PC. Is it working fine on another PC?

>> Val

>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >Hi,
>> >When i run the following statement i get an Type
Mismatch
>> error

>> >set mConnection = new ADODB.Connection
>> >mConnection.open sDBName
>> >mConnection.execute(sSQL, ,adcmdText) ---> error

>> >I am executing this an exe. This machine does not have
>> mdac installed and no
>> >VB installed. Any leads?? Thanks

>> >Sri

>> >.

>.



Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:24:48 GMT  
 Type Mismatch
Hi,
Are there any distributable ADO files other than mdac_typ.exe? This question
has been asked lot of times i guess

Sri


Quote:

> > When i run the following statement i get an Type Mismatch error
> > set mConnection = new ADODB.Connection
> > mConnection.open sDBName
> > mConnection.execute(sSQL, ,adcmdText) ---> error

> > I am executing this an exe. This machine does not have MDAC installed
and no
> > VB installed.

> Sri
> Create a Setup for your EXE.  Then install that Setup on the client's PC
> http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=kb;en-us;Q213846

> --

> Thanks,
> Carl Prothman
> Microsoft Visual Basic MVP
> http://www.able-consulting.com



Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:39:36 GMT  
 Type Mismatch

Quote:
> Are there any distributable ADO files other than mdac_typ.exe? This question
> has been asked lot of times i guess

Sri,
Nope!  MDAC_TYP.EXE is the only way to correctly install MDAC.

Remember that some versions of MDAC get installed with the MS OS
e.g.  MDAC 2.5 with Windows 2000,   MDAC 2.7 with Windows XP

Hence if you are deploying your application to these platforms, then you
don't need to install MDAC. Just reference the correct MDAC type library.

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman
Microsoft Visual Basic MVP
http://www.able-consulting.com



Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:04:53 GMT  
 Type Mismatch

Suddenly I get an error message ("Type Mismatch"), when trying to put a string as a key for a treeview child.
anybody knows how come?

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



Sun, 18 Apr 2004 17:19:56 GMT  
 Type Mismatch

on Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:19:56 -0800 bearing the following
fruit:

Quote:

>Suddenly I get an error message ("Type Mismatch"), when trying to put a string as a key for a treeview child.
>anybody knows how come?

You can't use a number (even if it is strored as a string)


The use the val(x.key) to return the number from the key

J

Quote:

>*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
>Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



Sun, 18 Apr 2004 17:28:15 GMT  
 Type Mismatch
Hello Jan,

i'm not using a number. i'm using like: "Adam" & 20
until now it always worked. suddenly it does'nt.

if i write: adam20 - it works (without "").
if i write: "adam20" - it does'nt.
very strange.
can u think of a reason?
thanks.

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:07:55 GMT  
 Type Mismatch

on Wed, 31 Oct 2001 02:07:55 -0800 bearing the following
fruit:

Quote:
>Hello Jan,

>i'm not using a number. i'm using like: "Adam" & 20
>until now it always worked. suddenly it does'nt.

>if i write: adam20 - it works (without "").
>if i write: "adam20" - it does'nt.
>very strange.
>can u think of a reason?
>thanks.

Can you post a small piece of code that reproduces the
problem?

J



Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:40:28 GMT  
 Type Mismatch

If strLevel = "s" Then
    .Nodes.Add , , "head" & recWorkerRegion.Fields("Head_region_id").Value, recWorkerRegion.Fields("Head_region_desc").Value

     .Nodes.Add "head" & recWorkerRegion.Fields("Head_region_id").Value, "son" & recWorkerRegion.Fields("Employee_region.Region_id").Value, recWorkerRegion.Fields("Region_desc").Value
End If

only the "son" part makes problems. but it worked in the past when i made it that way.
maybe it has something to do with the inner join?

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:52:16 GMT  
 Type Mismatch

Sorry Jan,
I just realized that i forgot to add the "tvwchild".
sorry.
thanks for helping.

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



Mon, 19 Apr 2004 02:32:15 GMT  
 
 [ 14 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Prob. w\ TYPE data type: err:Type Mismatch

2. Type mismatch when the types are correct ?

3. Type mismatch on user defined data type

4. Type Mismatch - Array of Type Long

5. Type Mismatch reading from Access 2K of type Date

6. Passing user data type to function causes type mismatch error

7. type mismatch error: 3464.

8. ByRef Argument Type Mismatch

9. Type mismatch

10. Type Mismatch Run-Time error 13

11. Recordset type mismatch

12. Type Mismatch Error in 2000, not in 97

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software