Updation Delay
Author Message
 Updation Delay

Hello,

        I have a problem , in updating  records using  ADO Data control  and
listing it on a SSDB Flex grid..

My system environment is Windows 2000 OS, Visual Basic 6.0 IDE, Microsoft
Access 2000 DB.

I have a form in which ADO Data control is used  for adding a new record and
updating , it has a SSDB Flex grid which displays the added value
the grid is populated not with the ADO Data Control but with ADO Recordset
(i.e.) the grid is not bound with the ADO Data control.

when a new record is added the  ADO Data control is updated in a sub
Function and from that sub a sub function is called for populating the SSDB
Flex grid
it creates a ADO recordset and populates the Flex Grid. But the currently
added record is not reflected in the recordset created in populating the
grid. when we try to add a new record again and at the time of populating
the grid the previous record is fetched but no the current record.

can you help me is solving this problem , if you have answer pls do mail me.

Thanks in Advance ,

Arun karthik.

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:18:14 GMT
 Updation Delay
Hi!

I would guess this is because you have two different connections
to the database, which is not synched.
You need to make sure that the datacontrol and your recordset
is using the same connection object, if this doesn't work,
you need another sollution.

> Hello,

>         I have a problem , in updating  records using  ADO Data control
and
> listing it on a SSDB Flex grid..

> My system environment is Windows 2000 OS, Visual Basic 6.0 IDE, Microsoft
> Access 2000 DB.

> I have a form in which ADO Data control is used  for adding a new record
and
> updating , it has a SSDB Flex grid which displays the added value
> the grid is populated not with the ADO Data Control but with ADO Recordset
> (i.e.) the grid is not bound with the ADO Data control.

> when a new record is added the  ADO Data control is updated in a sub
> Function and from that sub a sub function is called for populating the
SSDB
> Flex grid
> it creates a ADO recordset and populates the Flex Grid. But the currently
> added record is not reflected in the recordset created in populating the
> grid. when we try to add a new record again and at the time of populating
> the grid the previous record is fetched but no the current record.

> can you help me is solving this problem , if you have answer pls do mail
me.

> Thanks in Advance ,

> Arun karthik.

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:35:51 GMT
 Updation Delay
Also make sure that you not working in async mode

Quote:
> Hi!

> I would guess this is because you have two different connections
> to the database, which is not synched.
> You need to make sure that the datacontrol and your recordset
> is using the same connection object, if this doesn't work,
> you need another sollution.

> --

> > Hello,

> >         I have a problem , in updating  records using  ADO Data control
> and
> > listing it on a SSDB Flex grid..

> > My system environment is Windows 2000 OS, Visual Basic 6.0 IDE,
Microsoft
> > Access 2000 DB.

> > I have a form in which ADO Data control is used  for adding a new record
> and
> > updating , it has a SSDB Flex grid which displays the added value
> > the grid is populated not with the ADO Data Control but with ADO
Recordset
> > (i.e.) the grid is not bound with the ADO Data control.

> > when a new record is added the  ADO Data control is updated in a sub
> > Function and from that sub a sub function is called for populating the
> SSDB
> > Flex grid
> > it creates a ADO recordset and populates the Flex Grid. But the
currently
> > added record is not reflected in the recordset created in populating the
> > grid. when we try to add a new record again and at the time of
populating
> > the grid the previous record is fetched but no the current record.

> > can you help me is solving this problem , if you have answer pls do mail
> me.

> > Thanks in Advance ,

> > Arun karthik.

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:17:39 GMT
 Updation Delay
Hi,

   Thanks , for giving me your suggestion but i use only one connection
object  for performing this operation.

Quote:
> Also make sure that you not working in async mode

> > Hi!

> > I would guess this is because you have two different connections
> > to the database, which is not synched.
> > You need to make sure that the datacontrol and your recordset
> > is using the same connection object, if this doesn't work,
> > you need another sollution.

> > --

> > > Hello,

> > >         I have a problem , in updating  records using  ADO Data
control
> > and
> > > listing it on a SSDB Flex grid..

> > > My system environment is Windows 2000 OS, Visual Basic 6.0 IDE,
> Microsoft
> > > Access 2000 DB.

> > > I have a form in which ADO Data control is used  for adding a new
record
> > and
> > > updating , it has a SSDB Flex grid which displays the added value
> > > the grid is populated not with the ADO Data Control but with ADO
> Recordset
> > > (i.e.) the grid is not bound with the ADO Data control.

> > > when a new record is added the  ADO Data control is updated in a sub
> > > Function and from that sub a sub function is called for populating the
> > SSDB
> > > Flex grid
> > > it creates a ADO recordset and populates the Flex Grid. But the
> currently
> > > added record is not reflected in the recordset created in populating
the
> > > grid. when we try to add a new record again and at the time of
> populating
> > > the grid the previous record is fetched but no the current record.

> > > can you help me is solving this problem , if you have answer pls do
mail
> > me.

> > > Thanks in Advance ,

> > > Arun karthik.

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 11:53:39 GMT

1. Sending a delayed email and have the time sent at the delayed time

2. Performace Issue with .NET SQLCommandBuilder updation

3. MySql Updation Problem

4. Property Pages updation problem

5. Updation in DataGrid control

6. autonumber field updation in data environment

7. autonumber field updation in data environment

8. autonumber field updation in data environment

9. Is the PWS delay normal? (The delay before the web page (.asp) comes up)

10. is there a delay command in VB or anything which can delay execution for X time?

11. Delay for .bat file completion

12. Transactions "delay"