MDAC 2.7
Author Message
 MDAC 2.7

Hi,
We installed MDAC 2.7 for the first time on NT 4 Workstation SP6. We never
experienced any trouble on any other platform
We get the message that it can't find msdart.dll
Anyone please.
Peter

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:57:58 GMT
 MDAC 2.7
Hi,

Try to check if MDAC installation was completed
successfully. You can do that using Component Checker
utility from MDAC (as I remember COMCHECK.exe)

Val

Quote:

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:06:23 GMT
 MDAC 2.7
Val,
I am pretty sure the install wasn't finished. The message i mentioned came
up almost at the beginning.
Peter

Quote:
> Hi,

> Try to check if MDAC installation was completed
> successfully. You can do that using Component Checker
> utility from MDAC (as I remember COMCHECK.exe)

> Val

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:34:08 GMT
 MDAC 2.7
try
first 2.5; 2.6....

Quote:
> Hi,
> We installed MDAC 2.7 for the first time on NT 4 Workstation SP6. We never
> experienced any trouble on any other platform
> We get the message that it can't find msdart.dll
> Anyone please.
> Peter

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 01:18:14 GMT
 MDAC 2.7
Hi,

Before reinstall try to uninstall MDAC. You can do it only
in special way. Check next link to see how to do that

http://www.microsoft.com/data/mdac21info/MDACinstQ.htm

Val

Quote:

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 01:58:22 GMT
 MDAC 2.7
Check your system to ensure the file exists. It should be under
c:\winnt\system32. If it does not, you have a failed MDAC 2.7 installation
and you should try repeating it.

If you find the file there, try re-registering it by using the following at
the command line:

regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\msdart.dll

If the dll registers successfully, and you still have the problem, you
should check your MDAC installation using our Component Checker utility.
You can download this utility from
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm. Look for Component Checker at
the top of the list.

Once you've downloaded this, do the following on the server in question:
1. Run the cc.exe, a self-extracting executable, that will expand the files
to a directory on your drive;
2. Run the ComCheck executable from this folder;
3. A dialog will appear, prompting you for the type of analysis you wish to
perform; select the first option, "Perform analysis of your machine and
automatically determine...";
4. The utility will perform its analysis, and display a message box
displaying the version of MDAC it thinks is closest to what you have
installed. Make note of this message, especially if it reports that more
than one version matches your machine;
5. After that messagebox is dismissed, you'll see a two-pane window,
listing any major errors it found in the right pane;

Post any errors found and I'll continue to assist. If there is a signifcant
number of errors, you may wish to roll back the MDAC 2.7 installation and
retry the upgrade, making sure that you are logged into the machine as
Administrator or a member of the Administrator's group, and any anti-virus
software is disabled.

The command to roll back MDAC 2.7 to whatever prior version was installed
on the machine is:

c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dasetup\dasetup /u

Hope this helps!

Steven Bras, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 06:15:32 GMT
 MDAC 2.7
Thanks everybody. I see my customer next week and give it a try then.
Peter

Quote:
> Check your system to ensure the file exists. It should be under
> c:\winnt\system32. If it does not, you have a failed MDAC 2.7 installation
> and you should try repeating it.

> If you find the file there, try re-registering it by using the following
at
> the command line:

> regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\msdart.dll

> If the dll registers successfully, and you still have the problem, you
> should check your MDAC installation using our Component Checker utility.
> You can download this utility from
> http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm. Look for Component Checker at
> the top of the list.

> Once you've downloaded this, do the following on the server in question:
> 1. Run the cc.exe, a self-extracting executable, that will expand the
files
> to a directory on your drive;
> 2. Run the ComCheck executable from this folder;
> 3. A dialog will appear, prompting you for the type of analysis you wish
> perform; select the first option, "Perform analysis of your machine and
> automatically determine...";
> 4. The utility will perform its analysis, and display a message box
> displaying the version of MDAC it thinks is closest to what you have
> installed. Make note of this message, especially if it reports that more
> than one version matches your machine;
> 5. After that messagebox is dismissed, you'll see a two-pane window,
> listing any major errors it found in the right pane;

> Post any errors found and I'll continue to assist. If there is a
signifcant
> number of errors, you may wish to roll back the MDAC 2.7 installation and
> retry the upgrade, making sure that you are logged into the machine as
> Administrator or a member of the Administrator's group, and any anti-virus
> software is disabled.

> The command to roll back MDAC 2.7 to whatever prior version was installed
> on the machine is:

> c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dasetup\dasetup /u

> Hope this helps!

> Steven Bras, MCSD
> Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

rights.

> Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology
> Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
> http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 19:47:41 GMT

1. Does MDAC 2.7 Support RDO ?

2. MDAC 2.7 THAI

3. WinXP, MDAC 2.7 and Oracle8i connection issue

4. WISE MDAC 2.7

5. MDAC 2.7 silent install

6. Update all rows in a large database using Access 2002, MDAC 2.7, Jet 4.0

7. GUID problem in MDAC 2.7

8. Upgrding to MDAC 2.7

9. MDAC 2.7

10. MDAC 2.7???