ado errors not trapped by vb error object???
Author Message
 ado errors not trapped by vb error object???

hello,

does anyone know the answer to this question?  i need a specific answer
and/or documentation.

tia

Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:12:34 GMT
 ado errors not trapped by vb error object???
The ADO object model has its own Errors collection.  Check for errors there.
--
John Goodfellow
irtf'nm

Quote:
> hello,

> does anyone know the answer to this question?  i need a specific answer
> and/or documentation.

> tia

Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:50:45 GMT
 ado errors not trapped by vb error object???
Duane, I'm having the same problem, but with jet / access...

With Win2000 Advanced Server,VB6 SP4, mdac 2.5, ado data control, Access
2000 mdb.
Sometimes, when I do a Data3.Refresh or Data3.Recordset.Requery, I get this
error in a modal message box:
"The database has been placed in in a state by user 'admin' on machine
'2000server' that prevents it from being opened or locked  <OK>"
The database is probably busy, and I have "on error resume xxx" code to wait
and try again later, but I don't want the user to see this message, however,
I am unable to supress this message no matter what I try.
Does anyone have a idea on how to supress this error message?

Quote:
> hello,

> does anyone know the answer to this question?  i need a specific answer
> and/or documentation.

> tia

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:35:10 GMT

1. ADO error trapping in VB + SQL Server 2000

2. ADO error trapping in VB + SQL Server 2000

3. ADO error trapping in VB + SQL Server 2000

4. Deadlock errors & vb error trapping

5. ON ERROR GOTO does not fire using ADO connection object

6. Error: Object server not correctly registered (Error 336)

7. Trapping Warning Messages, NOT Error Messages

8. Error is not trapped

9. VB6 + ADO Error trapping

10. ADO Error trap

11. Trapping the Disk Not Ready Error ???

12. Error Trapping with Collections of Objects