First Cell Empty in Data Grid bound to ADO Data Control
Author Message
 First Cell Empty in Data Grid bound to ADO Data Control

Hello & Help!

I am developing with VB6.0, ADO, ODBC.

When I set the ConnectionString and RecordSource (at runtime) of ADODC to an
ODBC dsn and an SQL statement then REFRESH and display in a data grid the
first cell in the first row is EMPTY!  Everything else is fine.

I cannot seem to find a way to correct it.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated!

-John W.

Sun, 19 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 First Cell Empty in Data Grid bound to ADO Data Control
This problem only occurs when I make the form containing the ADO controls an
MDIChild.

If I set the MDIChild property to TRUE the first cell shows as blank.  BUT
if I set the MDIChild property to FALSE the first cell shows correctly!

Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks.
-John W.

Quote:
> Hello & Help!

> I am developing with VB6.0, ADO, ODBC.

> When I set the ConnectionString and RecordSource (at runtime) of ADODC to
an
> ODBC dsn and an SQL statement then REFRESH and display in a data grid the
> first cell in the first row is EMPTY!  Everything else is fine.

> I cannot seem to find a way to correct it.

> Any ideas/help would be appreciated!

> -John W.

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 First Cell Empty in Data Grid bound to ADO Data Control
Funny thing - tried Visidata recently with grid layout?

Quote:
> This problem only occurs when I make the form containing the ADO controls
an
> MDIChild.

> If I set the MDIChild property to TRUE the first cell shows as blank.  BUT
> if I set the MDIChild property to FALSE the first cell shows correctly!

> Anybody have any thoughts?

> Thanks.
> -John W.

> > Hello & Help!

> > I am developing with VB6.0, ADO, ODBC.

> > When I set the ConnectionString and RecordSource (at runtime) of ADODC
> an
> > ODBC dsn and an SQL statement then REFRESH and display in a data grid
the
> > first cell in the first row is EMPTY!  Everything else is fine.

> > I cannot seem to find a way to correct it.

> > Any ideas/help would be appreciated!

> > -John W.

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

2. Data Bound Combo Box within a Data Bound Grid

3. Binding the Data Grid to an empty Recordset displays a blank row

4. binding a data bound grid control programmatically

5. Bound controls empty after data control refresh

6. empty data list / data grid on NT4, but fine on Windows98

7. ADO Data Control and Data Grid

8. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

9. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

10. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

11. Data bound controls and empty database tables

12. Data bound controls and empty tables