Saving a document to SQL using VB6 (SP5)
Author Message
 Saving a document to SQL using VB6 (SP5)

I trying to find away to save a document (Word, Lotus,
HTML, and others) to my database.  I musing SQL 2K (SP3).
thanks for you help and time.

Adam

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 06:32:13 GMT
 Saving a document to SQL using VB6 (SP5)
Quote:

> I trying to find away to save a document (Word, Lotus,
> HTML, and others) to my database.  I musing SQL 2K (SP3).
> thanks for you help and time.

> Adam

Adam,

Look at the AppendChunk method.  Also you might want to consider storing
links to the documents instead of Binary Objects, which have a tendency
to bloat the database and in my experience is suseptibile to corruption.

Dan

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 06:39:54 GMT
 Saving a document to SQL using VB6 (SP5)
Thanks Dan.

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 06:53:37 GMT
 Saving a document to SQL using VB6 (SP5)
Adam,

Here are some examples with AppendChunk method or Stream object

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;194975

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258038

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> I trying to find away to save a document (Word, Lotus,
> HTML, and others) to my database.  I musing SQL 2K (SP3).
> thanks for you help and time.

> Adam

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:09:59 GMT

1. VB6 SP5 not compatible with pre SP5???

2. vb6 sp5 ,sql server 2000 ,wnnt4 sp 6

3. Using Word97 from VB6, an SP5-induced error?

4. Using Data Project in VB6 sp5

5. VB6 - SP5 exe generates drWatson during OLE communication with VB6 - SP3 exe

6. NoPrompt saving of documents from VB6

7. VB6 Saving a word document

8. VB6 Saving a word document

9. Saving Word documents and Crystal reports as images in a SQL Server database

10. saving Word documents in SQL Server?

11. Saving Word Documents in SQL

12. VB6: Oracle 8/SQL Server 2000 compatibility problems using ADO 2.5 and SQL