SELECT CASE in Jet
Author Message
 SELECT CASE in Jet

Hello !

I come from VB-ADO-MSSQL, but now to make one smool solition with MDB
I Use VB6, ADO, JET 4.0, MDB data file.

Are is possible CELECT CASE ... WHEN  ...  THEN ... END construction in SQL
tatement,
or something other for similar results ?

Thanks Ervins

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:05:31 GMT
 SELECT CASE in Jet
hi erwin,

Quote:
> Hello !

> I come from VB-ADO-MSSQL, but now to make one smool solition with MDB
> I Use VB6, ADO, JET 4.0, MDB data file.

> Are is possible CELECT CASE ... WHEN  ...  THEN ... END construction in
SQL
> tatement,
> or something other for similar results ?

you can't use CASE statement in Jet SQL, it's supported by SQL Server but
not by Jet.... you can try IIF(.....) VBA function that Jet can evaluate...
Andrea Montanari

http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtm
DbaMgr2k ver 0.4.0  -  DbaMgr ver 0.50.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
--------- remove DMO to reply

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:35:28 GMT

1. VBScript Select Case vs VB Select Case

2. Select Case and Case 0 To 9

3. Case sensitive selection using VB4 Jet Engine

4. Make case-sensitive SQL queries against Jet database

5. Select Case module

6. Select case using NOT operator

7. Select case Zero

8. Help with Select Case...again