Does .net cause the error "Operation must use an updateable query" ?
Author Message
 Does .net cause the error "Operation must use an updateable query" ?

Win2000 Server Advanced
Access2000

I guess the Administrator must have installed the .net in our site, 'coz I noticed the folders ASPNET_CLIENT and _eCatalog  being added in the wwwroot.

And a serious problem brings up in all my ASP files, I can't execute any update to database! here's the example:

Set cn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

strcon= "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("\_data\myhost.mdb")

cn.Open strcon
cn.execute "update contact set StreetNumber='"+request.form("txtstreetnumber")+"' where id=12"

The Error is:

   Error Type:
   Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
   Operation must use an updateable query.

I tried to use command, it's like :

dim cm

set cm=server.CreateObject("adodb.command") cm.ActiveConnection=objconn cm.CommandText="update contact set StreetNumber='"+request.form("textfield")+"' where id=12"

cm.Execute

But I still got above error .

Please give me a hand, I'll be crazy!!

Thank you very much!!

Neo lin

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:11:45 GMT
 Does .net cause the error "Operation must use an updateable query" ?
Hi,

You are writing code in VBScript and you do not need .NET.
Code looks fine as well. I think that MDAC is corrupted.
Check if your MDAC installation is good, using Component
Checker utility from MDAC. It will show you if you have
correct installation. If not, then you will need to
reinstall it

Val

Quote:

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:58:01 GMT

1. "must use updateable query" Question

2. Openrecordset "Select into" causes invalid operation

3. Operation must use an updateable query. Error 3073

4. mdb/sql error: Operation must use an updateable query

5. Error: "Operation must use an updateable query"

6. "Operation must use an updateable query" error

7. Equivalent "FindNext" operation using RDO

8. the "AND" operator cause error

9. "Case Is" causing error

10. cdbase.ocx causes "unexpected error"

11. ExitProcess causing a "Quincy Fatal Error"..

12. ExitProcess causing a "Quincy Fatal Error"..