MDAC 2.7 RTM is available for download
Author Message
 MDAC 2.7 RTM is available for download

FYI...

MDAC 2.7 RTM (2.70.7713.4) is now available for download in English, Arabic,
Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), German, Hebrew, Japanese and Korean.

The RTM release is the same version of MDAC components that are installed
by Microsoft Windows XP. This redistributable setup is supported on
Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000.

WARNING: Due to issues with clustering, this release is currently NOT
supported on SQL 7.0 Clustered Servers or SQL 6.5 Clustered Servers.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 08:51:00 GMT
 MDAC 2.7 RTM is available for download

Quote:
> FYI...

> MDAC 2.7 RTM (2.70.7713.4) is now available for download in English,
Arabic,
> Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), German, Hebrew, Japanese and Korean.

> The RTM release is the same version of MDAC components that are installed
> by Microsoft Windows XP. This redistributable setup is supported on
> Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000.

> WARNING: Due to issues with clustering, this release is currently NOT
> supported on SQL 7.0 Clustered Servers or SQL 6.5 Clustered Servers.

> http://www.microsoft.com/data/

Carl, is there a  list of what it fixes?

Thanks

Stephen Howe

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:55:42 GMT
 MDAC 2.7 RTM is available for download

Quote:

> > MDAC 2.7 RTM (2.70.7713.4) is now available for download
> > http://www.microsoft.com/data/

> Carl, is there a  list of what it fixes?

Stephen,
Good question!

The current MDAC 2.7 RTM (2.70.7713.2) Release Manifest
http://www.microsoft.com/data/MDAC27info/en/readme.htm
mentions:   "...this release contains many fixes to known issues."
But no MS KB article number is referenced...   :-(

I will ask Microsoft which KB article number will be used
and will let you know once I find out.  If anyone else knows,
then please post the URL...

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 05:40:03 GMT
 MDAC 2.7 RTM is available for download
Since installing that version, any use of international characters in ADO
XML streams will yield an "Invalid character was encountered" message when
reinflating the XML stream on the client side.   I don't recommend upgrading
to this version at this time.

Marc Brooks
Sendouts.com

Sun, 02 May 2004 17:18:20 GMT

1. FYI - MDAC 2.5 RTM (2.50.4403.12) is available for download

2. FYI - MDAC 2.5 RTM (2.50.4403.12) is available for download

3. MDAC 2.6 RTM (2.60.6526.3) is now available for download

4. where from I download Mdac 2.7 ?

5. MDAC 2.5 RTM (2.50.4403.12) Now Available

6. When will MDAC 2.7 (and MSM) download be available? what version of MSXML is included?

7. Does MDAC 2.7 Support RDO ?

8. MDAC 2.7 THAI

9. WinXP, MDAC 2.7 and Oracle8i connection issue

10. WISE MDAC 2.7

11. MDAC 2.7 silent install

12. Update all rows in a large database using Access 2002, MDAC 2.7, Jet 4.0