Return ADO recordset from oracle procedure
Author Message
 Return ADO recordset from oracle procedure

Hi everybody,

I want to return an ADO recordset from Oracle procedure.
I use Visual Basic 6.0, Oracle 8i.

If i have SQL SERVER the code is like this :

Dim rst as New ADODB.Recorset
Dim cmd as New ADODB.Command
cmd.CommandType=adCmdStoredProc
cmd.CommandText="MySqlServerProc"
Set rst=cmd.Execute

Can I do the same thing in VB with Oracle ?

Thanks,
Gabi

Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:18:44 GMT
 Return ADO recordset from oracle procedure
Hello!
The syntax is the same if you use REF CURSOR type in
Oracle. See the following article for further explanation:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q255/0/43.
asp

I hope this helps,
Geyzerskiy Dmitriy.

Quote:

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 01:33:36 GMT

1. How to return Parameters and Recordset from Oracle Stored Procedure with ADO

2. Return recordset from Oracle Stored Procedure to VB.

3. Returning Recordset With Oracle Stored Procedure?

4. Oracle Stored Procedure returning multiple recordsets.

5. Returning a Recordset from an oracle stored procedure

6. Oracle Stored Procedure Returning Recordset

7. Returning Recordset from Oracle Stored Procedure???

8. Returning Recordset With Oracle Stored Procedure?

9. Returning resultsets from Oracle stored procedures via ADO?

10. ADO or DataEnvironment COMMAND Using Store procedure can't return recordset

11. Recordsets Using ADO and Oracle Stored Procedures

12. Opening an ADO recordset against a dataset returned from a SQL Server Stored Procedure