Cannot find provider (3706): only on some win98 installations
Author Message
 Cannot find provider (3706): only on some win98 installations

Some Win98 installations of an app I wrote say that they cannot find the
provider.

This is the basic connection string
"PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source="

I used the package & deplyment wizard and threw all coudl think of into the
package.
ADODC.OCX is included even if I dont really use it, jsut to make sure it
installs more ADO stuff.

What have I missed ?

Daniel Demaret

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:12:24 GMT
 Cannot find provider (3706): only on some win98 installations
Did you put in MSDAC.EXE ???

Regards

VOrtex

Quote:
> Some Win98 installations of an app I wrote say that they cannot find the
> provider.

> This is the basic connection string
> "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source="

> I used the package & deplyment wizard and threw all coudl think of into
the
> package.
> ADODC.OCX is included even if I dont really use it, jsut to make sure it
> installs more ADO stuff.

> What have I missed ?

> Daniel Demaret

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:37:33 GMT
 Cannot find provider (3706): only on some win98 installations
Check which version of m_dac you are including if it is version 2.5 then Jet4.0
is included not 3.5.1.  I just went through the same thing and using m_dac 2.5
and changing my provider to 4.0 from 3.5.1 fixed it.

Joe

Quote:
Some Win98 installations of an app I wrote say that they cannot find the
provider.

This is the basic connection string
"PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source="

I used the package & deplyment wizard and threw all coudl think of into the
package.
ADODC.OCX is included even if I dont really use it, jsut to make sure it
installs more ADO stuff.

What have I missed ?

Daniel Demaret

.

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 00:46:17 GMT

1. Provider cannot be found error (3706 Object error)

2. Provider cannot be found error (3706 Object error)

3. RTE '3706' - Provider cannot be found

4. 3706 - Provider cannot be found

5. Error: 3706-Provider cannot be found.

6. Provider cannot be found - 3706

7. 3706 - Provider cannot be found

8. Error 3706 (provider not found)

9. ADO couldnot find the specified provider - Errno. 3706

10. error 3706: ADO could not find the specified provider

11. ADO couldnot find the specified provider - Errno. 3706

12. Runtime error 3706 provider not found