Connecting to SQL Server 6.5 and 7.0
Author Message
 Connecting to SQL Server 6.5 and 7.0

Hi Group,

I can connect to SQL Server 7 via ADO 2.5 without any problems.... if it
possible with the same connection strings, basically without changing any
code, to connect to SQL Server 6.5

any idea's or thing to watch for would be appreciated,
thanks

Alex Wilson

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:39:53 GMT
 Connecting to SQL Server 6.5 and 7.0
Hi,

It depends on connection string. If you are connecting
usinf DSN, then I think there is no difference in
connection string. If you are connection using DSN-less
connection string with SQLOLEDB provider, then I think you
will need to change provider. I am not sure (I may be
wrong) if you can use SQLOLEDB to connect to SQL 6.5. i
think you need to use ODBC.
Here is site with different connection strings.

http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

Val

Quote:

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:06:04 GMT

1. New Transact-SQL Debugger for Microsoft SQL Server 6.5/7.0

2. SQL Debugger for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and 6.5

3. ODBC Connect to SQL server 6.5

4. connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5 using VB5

5. Connect to SQL-Server 6.5

6. Connect to 2 different SQL Server 6.5 db

7. Connect to 2 different SQL server 6.5 Dbs

8. How to connect to SQL Server 6.5 using VB 5.0

9. RDO error when upgrading from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0

10. Upsizing SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0

11. USing ASP migrating from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0

12. Migrating from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0