Oracle, ADO Command object and Parameter fields
Author Message
 Oracle, ADO Command object and Parameter fields

I'm trying to call a parameterized stored procedure from
VB using ADO.  The parameters are all IN parameters, but,
one (the last) is BLOB.  The others are all VARCHAR2.  I'm
using the MS Oracle OLE DB provider.

In an ADO Command object (cmdSave) , I'm setting up the
command string as:

 cmdSave.command text = "CALL  PROC0009_SAVELABEL(?, NULL,
NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL)"

I appended a Parameter object to the Parameters collection
on cmdSave, setting the type to adVarChar with a length of
30 and a value of "Test", as in the following.

cmdSave.Parameters.Append cmdsSave.CreateParameter("Name",
adVarChar, adParamInput, 30, "Test")

When I tried to execute the command, I got the error "ORA-
01008: not all variables bound".  When I added a parameter
to cmdSave, setting the value to NULL, and attempted to
execute the command, I got the error "Column does not
exist." from the MS Oracle OLE DB provider.

I thought that ADO bound the first member of the
Parameters collection to the variable field indicated by
the first "?".  IS this not correct?

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?  Any help that can be
shed on this would be of great help.

Thanks,

Ed Lorden
Sr. Software Engineer/Development DBA

Express Scripts
14000 Riverport Drive, STLR11
314-919-4324
800-332-5455 Ext. 64324
314-919-4350 (Fax)
800-332-5455 Ext. 64350  (Fax)

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 05:08:58 GMT

1. How to create a parameter field in Command object (ADO/VB 6.0)

2. ADo command parameter to Oracle 8i

3. ADO, Oracle, MTS, using command object to open Recordset

4. Problem passing ADO command objects as parameters in MTS

5. Problem passing ADO command objects as parameters in MTS

6. Using ADO Command object and Access PROCEDURE to insert Memo/Binary fields

7. help with oracle performance : using ado, oracle longraw fields

8. help with oracle performance : using ado, oracle 8 longraw field

9. help with oracle performance : using ado, vb6, oracle 8 longraw field

10. ADO Date Fields (ADO 2.1, VB 6, Oracle 8)

11. ADO Command object and MSShape commands

12. Using the ADO Command Object to send an Execute command