ADO Performance question
Author Message
 ADO Performance question

I can execute a Stored proc (in MSSQL Server) using either CreateParameter
and then appending values OR I can call objRst.open("exec mysp
myval1,myval2....",ConnectionObject)

Which gives better?

How can I do someting like this for Oracle Stored Procs

Thanks

SS

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 03:37:34 GMT
 ADO Performance question
in theory, creating the paramaters should be faster.

However, Never trust what some clown on Newsgroups tells you.

Test it with some benchmarking code.

Cheers

Gregory A Jackson MCSD, MCT
Sr Software Engineer
800.com

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 07:49:35 GMT
 ADO Performance question
Hi,

It is so relative. Sometimes people say "This way works
much faster then another one", but after test you can see
that difference in performance very small. The best way in
your situation is to provide tests to see what is faster
in your case

Val

Quote:

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:27:10 GMT

1. ADO performance question

2. ADO performance question

3. ADO Performance Question

4. ADO's Performance vs DAO's Performance

5. ado performance - ms-access vs odbc

6. ADO Performance

7. Performance problems with shaped record sets and collections - VB6, ADO

8. How to improve ADO performance

9. Performance issue - Access 2000 using VB6 and ADO 2.1 with SQL

10. ADO: Performance Testing vs. DAO

11. Improving ADO performances against SQL Server?

12. ADO "AddNew" Performance Issue