ADO memory loss
Author Message
 ADO memory loss

I'm opening an ADO connection to an Oracle database.
I have this code running inside and ActiveX dll. The problem
is that it is losing memory every time I run it. It makes
no diffence if I use an Oracle data provider or an ODBC
DSN. I've tried a simalar piece of code with an Access
connection and it also loses memory (although not as much).
I've tried the same code within Visual C++ and the same thing
happens. Any ideas??

Private objOracleConnection As New ADODB.Connection
Dim strSQL As String
strSQL = "DSN=XYZOracle;UID=someuser;PWD=somepassword"

objOracleConnection.ConnectionString = strSQL
objOracleConnection.Open
If objOracleConnection.State = adStateOpen Then
    MsgBox "success"
Else
    MsgBox "failure"
End If
objOracleConnection.Close
Set objOracleConnection = Nothing

The memory loss is compounded if I actually do some
work with the connection, i.e run a query, do an insert, the
memory loss is compounded.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO 2.5 Sql Server Ole Db Provider and Memory Loss

2. memory loss ADO data control

3. Quality :: Loss memory :: Alocate/Free memory

4. Windows 98 Memory Loss

5. memory loss w/rdo

6. error 7 memory loss

7. memory loss running vb application

8. Memory loss problem?

9. Picture Box and Memory Loss under Win95

10. memory loss w/rdo

11. Memory Loss

12. CRPE.DLL causes memory loss in VB4 16 bit app