VB6, Access2K & Win2K
Author Message
 VB6, Access2K & Win2K

App has run well under Win95, VB6 & Access2K for over 2
years.

Have made a new Package in Win2K (still VB6 & Access2000).
Runs great as long as Visual Studio 6.0 is installed on
the 2 PCs.  The other PCs without Visual Studio 6.0 - the
DataGrid fails, & data is not being saved.

We have tried a combination of MDAC 2.5, 2.6 & 2.7, but
have not been successful.

Any input appreciated.  TIA - Bob

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 05:15:39 GMT
 VB6, Access2K & Win2K
When you say it fails, what is the error message you get??

--
Veign
(Would like to be an MVP)

Quote:
> App has run well under Win95, VB6 & Access2K for over 2
> years.

> Have made a new Package in Win2K (still VB6 & Access2000).
> Runs great as long as Visual Studio 6.0 is installed on
> the 2 PCs.  The other PCs without Visual Studio 6.0 - the
> DataGrid fails, & data is not being saved.

> We have tried a combination of MDAC 2.5, 2.6 & 2.7, but
> have not been successful.

> Any input appreciated.  TIA - Bob

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 08:31:36 GMT
 VB6, Access2K & Win2K
Various - I am not there now, but will be there tomorrow.
I do know that 2 messages were ... [for the Datagrid -
ERROr 7005 - Rowset not available] & [MSADODC.OCX not
registered].

I am a skilled Access Programmer, but not as experienced
a VB6 guy.  I suspect my mistake might have been extracting
the CAB to an incorrect location.  While I ran the
Setup.EXE 2 years ago & placed subsequent EXEs in a "C:"
Folder (which worked), I probably need to be sure the CAB
files are placed properly like C:\WINNT\System by running
Setup.EXE again to allow for the cjange from Win95 to
Win2K.

Any input appreciated.  I will not be near a PC until
tomorrow AM, but will check then.

TIA - Bob

Quote:

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 08:59:30 GMT
 VB6, Access2K & Win2K
Have you recreated the Install package recently??

One recommendation is to use Visual Installer instead of the P&D wizard
provided with Visual Basic...Visual Installer link can be found on my
website in the Application Design section....

--
Veign
(Would like to be an MVP)
www.veign.com
Application Design Section
http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
------

Quote:
> Various - I am not there now, but will be there tomorrow.
> I do know that 2 messages were ... [for the Datagrid -
> ERROr 7005 - Rowset not available] & [MSADODC.OCX not
> registered].

> I am a skilled Access Programmer, but not as experienced
> a VB6 guy.  I suspect my mistake might have been extracting
> the CAB to an incorrect location.  While I ran the
> Setup.EXE 2 years ago & placed subsequent EXEs in a "C:"
> Folder (which worked), I probably need to be sure the CAB
> files are placed properly like C:\WINNT\System by running
> Setup.EXE again to allow for the cjange from Win95 to
> Win2K.

> Any input appreciated.  I will not be near a PC until
> tomorrow AM, but will check then.

> TIA - Bob

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:54:10 GMT
 VB6, Access2K & Win2K
Veign - Thanks for replying.
I vote for you to become an MVP.

I work as part of a Team, & we ran the Setup.EXE.  This
did take care of everything.  We still are not sure which
MDAC is "best" - 2.5, 2.6 or 2.7.

Bob

Quote:

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:22:06 GMT
 VB6, Access2K & Win2K
You say you ran the Setup.EXE but when was the Setup.Exe file created?...It
sounds as if the Installation package need to be recreated....

I use MDAC v2.6 on most of my projects (have not upgraded yet to MDAC 2.7)

Any Installation creating tool (Visual Installer) will take care of
identifying the Windows directory and place the components into its proper
locations.

--
Veign
(Would like to be an MVP)
www.veign.com
Application Design Section
http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
------

Quote:
> Veign - Thanks for replying.
> I vote for you to become an MVP.

> I work as part of a Team, & we ran the Setup.EXE.  This
> did take care of everything.  We still are not sure which
> MDAC is "best" - 2.5, 2.6 or 2.7.

> Bob

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 04:19:05 GMT
 VB6, Access2K & Win2K
Veign - Thanks again.

The Setup.EXE was created 2 days ago.  I didn't run it.
Used CAB instead - my mistake - I've learned.

I've been told "2.6" is not good, but we seem to get good
results with it.  You've re-enforced my opinion of it.

Hope you get the MVP soon.

Bob

Quote:

message

>> over 2

installed
>> on
6.0 -

2.7,
>> but

>> >.

>.

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:58:18 GMT
 VB6, Access2K & Win2K
Someday with the MVP...Posted over 1500 times on the MS board...

I have had no problems with the MDAC 2.6..

--
Veign
(Would like to be an MVP)
www.veign.com
Application Design Section
http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
------

Quote:
> Veign - Thanks again.

> The Setup.EXE was created 2 days ago.  I didn't run it.
> Used CAB instead - my mistake - I've learned.

> I've been told "2.6" is not good, but we seem to get good
> results with it.  You've re-enforced my opinion of it.

> Hope you get the MVP soon.

> Bob

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:43:42 GMT

1. Server Requirments for application designed VB6 & Access2K

2. VB6 developed on win2k, but deployed on winME&95 problem

3. VB6 developed on win2k, but deploy on winME&95 problem

4. VB6 Web Dev & Win2K

5. Can't see access2k with VB6 sp3

6. VB6 and Access2K

7. Access97 & Access2k @ printing

8. HEPL VB & ACCESS2k

9. help vb & access2k is driving me nuts

10. Advice on locking ADO/VB6/Access2K

11. VB6 crashes with Win2K on P4

12. Use VB6 on Win2k from normal user??