The fastest way of copying fields between recodset
Author Message
 The fastest way of copying fields between recodset

I have two connections (Oracle and Access) and two recordsets and I'd like to
copy some fields between recorsets (about 100.000 records). Can you tell me the
method of copying? Can I in some way bind my recordsets in one enviroment but not
using linked table in Access or DataEnviroment in VB? Maybe instead of recordsets
I can use ADO streams? Help :-)

VB6, SP5, ADO 2.6, Win2k

Adam

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 01:07:53 GMT
 The fastest way of copying fields between recodset
Linked tables in Access are probably the way to go here.

Because then you can have Jet do an UPDATE statement to update
all of the rows without having to loop through recordsets.

But if using pure ADO declare and bind individual field objects
for each field in each recordset.

dim faName as field
dim foName as field
set faName = rstAccess.fields("Name")
set foName = rstOracle.fields("Name")

do until ...
    faName.value = foName.value

loop

David

I have two connections (Oracle and Access) and two recordsets and I'd like
copy some fields between recorsets (about 100.000 records). Can you tell me
the
method of copying? Can I in some way bind my recordsets in one enviroment
but not
using linked table in Access or DataEnviroment in VB? Maybe instead of
recordsets
I can use ADO streams? Help :-)

VB6, SP5, ADO 2.6, Win2k

Adam

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 02:58:22 GMT

1. ADO fast recordset copy and add one field

2. copy recodset into database

3. copying a field's value to another field

4. Copying Fields using Field.Value

5. Copy From field to the TO field

6. Copying DAO.Field VALUES, as well as the field def.s / properties

7. Fast copying of recordset to table

8. fastest way to copy bytes?

9. Fast recordset copy - ADO

10. Q : Copying array fast

11. Fastest way to copy one recordset to another?

12. Fast copy from SQL Server to Jet