Filtering ADO Recordset on Date Field using NON-US Locale
Author Message
 Filtering ADO Recordset on Date Field using NON-US Locale

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to filter an ADO recordset by setting the filter property. I live
in Belgium, so my computer is set up to use the dd/MM/yyyy format. I'm used
to transfer the dates to US-format so I can use the in SQL-string (they
expect mm/dd/yyyy format). When I use the same technique to filter an ADO
recordset using the filter property, this doesn't work. The filter propery
seems to expect a date in the date-format used in the regional settings.
Isn't there a 'default' format that works with both the filter-property and
a standard SQL string?

Sven De Bont
Marketing Map

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:18:14 GMT
 Filtering ADO Recordset on Date Field using NON-US Locale
Probeer eens het ansi formaat : 'yyyy.mm.dd'

Sven De Bont heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Quote:
>Hello everybody,

>I'm trying to filter an ADO recordset by setting the filter property. I
live
>in Belgium, so my computer is set up to use the dd/MM/yyyy format. I'm used
>to transfer the dates to US-format so I can use the in SQL-string (they
>expect mm/dd/yyyy format). When I use the same technique to filter an ADO
>recordset using the filter property, this doesn't work. The filter propery
>seems to expect a date in the date-format used in the regional settings.
>Isn't there a 'default' format that works with both the filter-property and
>a standard SQL string?

>Sven De Bont
>Marketing Map

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 06:35:22 GMT

1. MDX field name in ADO recordset filter property

2. ADO Recordset filter comparing fields

3. Filter using a date field?

4. Updating recordset fields using non-bound controls

5. Filter using a date field?

6. ADO Recordset's strange behaviour when filtered using adFilterConflictingRecords

7. ADO recordset filter using wildcards - results in error 3001

8. Finding date field using LIKE operator using ADO

9. Non-US date formats and SQL

10. Non-US date formats - coping with

11. ADO Filtering using LIKE and numeric fields?

12. delete date fields in an ADO Recordset.