Subform Datasheet view required
Author Message
 Subform Datasheet view required

I am using eVB via Microsoft embedded Visual Tools. I have produced forms to
connect to a cdb database. I was wondering if there was a simple or elegant
way to create a Subform Datasheet view of a series of records on my "jobs"
table as is the case in Access. (I have developed Access Databases but lack
VB experience, though I am gaining it rapidly.) The "jobs table has a list
of job numbers and the description of the job, date, materials used etc.

I read you can have child and parent windows so can I have child subforms
with a datasheet view? If not, what is the best way to simulate it. Can
anyone give me an example in code or an exact url on Devbuzz or another
website to help me out. (Maybe I could have a list of all the current
records, can I populate it with combo boxes for each record? Or can I only
list the data in a window and use a record selector at the bottom for
selecting an existing or new record for editing?)

If you could send me replies with specific code and examples this would be
appreciated.

Rory Lindsay
Auckland, New Zealand

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:55:11 GMT
 Subform Datasheet view required
I'm a relative newcomer to VB from Access myself, so others may have a more
sophisticated (experience) viewpoint.
I'm pretty sure VB does not have subforms like the ones in Access.  However,
it has a number of grid controls which can be bound to recordsets using data
controls and serve a similar purpose.  If you want a relationship like the
LinkMasterFields - LinkChildFields one in Access, I think you'd have to code
a requery on the AfterUpdate of the master field.

HTH
    - Turtle

Quote:
> I am using eVB via Microsoft embedded Visual Tools. I have produced forms
> connect to a cdb database. I was wondering if there was a simple or
elegant
> way to create a Subform Datasheet view of a series of records on my "jobs"
> table as is the case in Access. (I have developed Access Databases but
lack
> VB experience, though I am gaining it rapidly.) The "jobs table has a list
> of job numbers and the description of the job, date, materials used etc.

> I read you can have child and parent windows so can I have child subforms
> with a datasheet view? If not, what is the best way to simulate it. Can
> anyone give me an example in code or an exact url on Devbuzz or another
> website to help me out. (Maybe I could have a list of all the current
> records, can I populate it with combo boxes for each record? Or can I only
> list the data in a window and use a record selector at the bottom for
> selecting an existing or new record for editing?)

> If you could send me replies with specific code and examples this would be
> appreciated.

> Rory Lindsay
> Auckland, New Zealand

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:06:20 GMT

1. Subform Datasheet view required

2. Subform Datasheet view required

3. Form view / datasheet view, subform only

4. SubForm in Datasheet View Events

5. Retrieving data from a subform in datasheet view

6. tailoring datasheet/continuous form views in subforms

7. Locking field widths on subforms in datasheet view

8. VBA - accessing .CurrentRecord in DataSheet View on a SubForm

9. Using selection in a datasheet subform?

10. datasheet subforms

11. Datasheet View problem

12. datasheet views