Record Numbers
Author Message
 Record Numbers

Is there a way to get Record numbers when using MS Access ? When a table is
opened in MS Access, there is a record count and current record at the
bottom. Is there any way to get these nos when using Access database in VB
with datacontrol or otherwise ?

- Hamir

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:26:33 GMT
 Record Numbers
Hi Hamir,

In VB, we can open an ADO recordset and get the number through its
RecordCount property, For example:

Dim cn As New ADODB.Connection
cn.Open "provider=microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;data source =c:\db1.mdb"

Dim re As New ADODB.Recordset
re.CursorLocation = adUseClient
re.Open "table1", cn

MsgBox re.RecordCount

Luke

(This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights. You assume all risk for your use. Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights reserved.)

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:53:33 GMT

1. I am getting duplicate records, I mean everything is duplicate even Access record number

2. Record number display on Forms

3. Record number quandry

4. records number it composes the combo

5. Putting record number on a report

6. Creating a uniqued record number with outside fields

7. Sort & Recalculate a Record Number

8. reporting record number

9. SubForm Relative Record Number

10. Getting record number