What is the point to bound Image Control with ADO object?
Author Message
 What is the point to bound Image Control with ADO object?

Hi,
 I have used Image Control in bound mode with data control (DAO) which work
fine for store/retrive Image in to OLE object Field. I dont have ot write
any code for  store/retrive image.  Now, I try to do the same thing with
ADODC, I cannnot  OK, I can store/retrive image using GetChunk/Appenchunk or
ADODB stream . But, it is not the same simple process. Then, I wonder , what
are the use of Image Control and Picture Control to bounded with ADO object
(eg. ADODC)? Am I miss something?
TIA
Thit

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 01:01:53 GMT
 What is the point to bound Image Control with ADO object?
Hi Thit,

Check the following article. When a value is saved by Access as a Bitmap in
an Access OLE Object field, Access puts proprietary header information in
the field that the Picturebox control doesn't understand.  The OLE
Container control can understand the data and read the Bitmap from Access.
But, the OLE Container control doesn't work with the ADODC control.

Q191103 BUG: ADO Bound OLE Control Does Not Display Bitmap
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q191/1/03.asp

In addition, if you store images in SQL Server Image-type column, Picture
Box control can bind to the field.

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer

Thu, 09 Sep 2004 21:31:55 GMT
 What is the point to bound Image Control with ADO object?
Hi, Bill.
Thank you for your respand.  May be I do not phase my problem correctly.  I
bind an Image Control with a adodc .  I put a picture in the image control
(using loadpicture), in dao when I move data control that picture will
automaticly store in the binding filed, however, in the case of adodc it is
not.   Now, if I put a "raw" picture (bitmap, I presume) using adodb.stream
, that picture can be display in the bound Image Control.  My question is :
Is there a way to make a picture form the bound Image Control automaticly
(no code) store in the database?
TIA
Thit.

Quote:
> Hi Thit,

> Check the following article. When a value is saved by Access as a Bitmap
in
> an Access OLE Object field, Access puts proprietary header information in
> the field that the Picturebox control doesn't understand.  The OLE
> Container control can understand the data and read the Bitmap from Access.
> But, the OLE Container control doesn't work with the ADODC control.

> Q191103 BUG: ADO Bound OLE Control Does Not Display Bitmap
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q191/1/03.asp

> In addition, if you store images in SQL Server Image-type column, Picture
> Box control can bind to the field.

rights.

> Regards,

> Bill Cheng
> Microsoft Support Engineer

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 02:02:33 GMT
 What is the point to bound Image Control with ADO object?
Hi Thit,

It seems to be a problem. According to my experience, we need to manually
set the "DataChanged" property. For example (applies to Image/PictureBox
control):

Picture1.Picture = LoadPicture("C:\Windows\Circles.BMP")

Picture1.DataChanged = TRUE

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:08:56 GMT
 What is the point to bound Image Control with ADO object?
Thank you,
It work! (I can live with manually set the property)

Much appliciate!
Thit.

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:42:34 GMT

1. Data bound controls using Adodc and ADO connection object

2. binding a datafield of type image to an image control

3. Binding an Image control to an Image field in SQL Server

4. Binding an Image control to an Image field in SQL Server

5. OLE Bound control won't bind ADO source

6. OLE Bound control won't bind ADO source

7. OLE Bound control won't bind ADO source

8. Bind an ado recordset directly to an ado data control (adodc)

9. Determining Object Types in Bound Object Control

10. Image Box and ADO Binding

11. PictureBox bounded to Image Columns in a DataBase (ADO)

12. PictureBox bounded to Image Columns in a DataBase (ADO)