Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression
Author Message
 Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression

This must be a well known problem: (hopefully)
(Its similar to Q189448)

VB 6.0 ActiveX Objects (used from ASP) that query an Access DB:
(Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6)
Development takes place under Win98, Personal Web Server

Everything worked well when the underlying DB was Access 97
Now we had to convert to Access 2000

"Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression"
The function xyz() is used in the query that was selected.
I installed SP4 for VB with no effect.

Thanx very much in advance, Wilfried Baumann

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 02:44:32 GMT
 Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression
I ran into the same problem just Monday.  Could not find a solution.  Ended
up doing a workaround and living with it.
You will find that ONLY access intrinsic function will work in the query if
it is called from vb.  Even VBA intrinsic functions will give you the same
problem.  Which means that IIF will work, but Instr will not.

Kirk Graves

Quote:
> This must be a well known problem: (hopefully)
> (Its similar to Q189448)

> VB 6.0 ActiveX Objects (used from ASP) that query an Access DB:
> (Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6)
> Development takes place under Win98, Personal Web Server

> Everything worked well when the underlying DB was Access 97
> Now we had to convert to Access 2000

> "Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression"
> The function xyz() is used in the query that was selected.
> I installed SP4 for VB with no effect.

> Thanx very much in advance, Wilfried Baumann

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:10:10 GMT
 Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression
This must be a well known problem!
(There are several articles in the msdn, but nothing
seems to apply 100%: Q189448 etc)
(One even says the behaviour is by desgin(!?)Q166113)

VB 6.0 connects to an Access DB:
(Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6)

Everything worked well when the underlying DB was Access 97
Now we had to convert to Access 2000:

"Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression"
The function xyz() is used in the query that was selected.
I installed SP4 for VB with no effect.

Thanx very much in advance, Wilfried Baumann

Sat, 02 Aug 2003 18:34:38 GMT
 Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression
This must be a well known problem!
(There are several articles in the msdn, but nothing
seems to apply 100%: Q189448 etc)
(One even says the behaviour is by desgin(!?)Q166113)

VB 6.0 connects to an Access DB:
(Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6)

Everything worked well when the underlying DB was Access 97
Now we had to convert to Access 2000:

"Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression"
The function xyz() is used in the query that was selected.
I installed SP4 for VB with no effect.

Thanx very much in advance, Wilfried Baumann

Sat, 02 Aug 2003 19:03:38 GMT

1. Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression

2. Undefined function 'replace' in expression

3. Undefined function 'Left' in expression

4. Undefined function 'nz' in query expression

5. Undefined function 'Date' in expression

6. Undefined function 'DMax' in expression

7. Undefined Function 'xxxxx' in Expression

8. Error-- Undefined Function 'LEFT' in express

9. Error 3075: function isn't available in expressions in query expression

10. Function isn't available in expressions in query expression

11. Help: Function isn't available in expressions in query expression

12. Undefined function 'NZ' in expression (Error 3085)--HELP!!!