Help - MS Access Size Increased!
Author Message
 Help - MS Access Size Increased!

I updated an application, which was using Access 2.0, to use Access2000.
The size in the database has now doubled!  Even after compressing the
database, the size is still a disaster.  Is there anything that I can do,
which will still enable me to use Access 2000, but keep the size of the
database to relatively the same as before?

Thanks,

-Rob

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Help - MS Access Size Increased!

Might check the following link to learn more about JET 4.0's Unicode
handling.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/acintsql.htm

Checkout the section called "Unicode compression".

HTH
--
Patrick Logan, MCSD
Senior Technical Development Advisor

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Increasing size of Access Application

2. Access 2 increasing the size of a field using Basic

3. Access 7.0 File Size Increases

4. Access database size increase

5. Adding new column into Access increases the size of the file

6. Need help on increasing the size of image on a CommandBarButton object on my toolbar

7. Insert Pic as OLE increase file size dramatically

8. Increase field size in linked table

9. mdw increases in size...

10. Database keeps on increasing in size

11. Why does DB increase in size ?

12. Usage commandbar ==> increasing file size