Timeout expired VB.net
Author Message
 Timeout expired VB.net

I have a web application that access database in a query form. This
query works fine in QA in SQL2000. But when I try to use in my program
this message pop up.

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the
operation or th server is not responding.

Any help will be really appreciate

Cesar Horsnby-Zamora
Sr Developer

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 05:11:59 GMT
 Timeout expired VB.net
I expect that the query could not be completed in the default (15 seconds)
time. Since you didn't tell us what language or interface you're using, it
will be hard to tell you what to do--but I'll try:
    1) Run a query that takes less time, fetches fewer rows, uses indexes
more efficiently, changes fewer rows ...
    2) Change the Command.Timeout property to better reflect how long the
query takes. If this does not work, see 1.

hth

--
____________________________________
Bill Vaughn

Quote:
> I have a web application that access database in a query form. This
> query works fine in QA in SQL2000. But when I try to use in my program
> this message pop up.

> Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the
> operation or th server is not responding.

> Any help will be really appreciate

> Cesar Horsnby-Zamora
> Sr Developer

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 09:41:23 GMT

1. VB App slows to crawl, also TimeOut Expired

2. VB 6 / SQL Server 7 App gets Timeout expired (-2147217871) about every 50 minutes

3. Timeout Expired

4. Error # 5 Timeout expired

5. Timeout expired

6. Timeout Expired Error

7. S1T00[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER] TIMEOUT EXPIRED ?????????

8. ODBC Query Timeout expired, WHY ??

9. Error 3234: ODBC--remote query timeout expired

10. S1T00[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER] TIMEOUT EXPIRED ????

11. Timeout Expired Error!!!

12. Timeout Expired (What is causing this???)