Programmatically alter database field properties / input mask with VB6
Author Message
 Programmatically alter database field properties / input mask with VB6

I am writting an application in VB6 that will modify
tables in an existing access database. I need to remove
input masks and alter the decimal places property on
fields in the tables. These properties are not available
in the ADODB or ADOX libraries. Does anyone have any
advice on how to reference these properties through VB?
Any code samples?

Thanks!

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 23:46:56 GMT
 Programmatically alter database field properties / input mask with VB6
I think your answer may be with the DDL (Data Definition
Language) of Access SQL.

url=/library/en-us/dnacc2k/html/acintsql.asp

See the intermediate article for ALTER TABLE.

Hope this is of help.

TJ

Quote:

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 01:12:39 GMT
 Programmatically alter database field properties / input mask with VB6

I am writting an application in VB6 that will modify
tables in an existing access database. I need to remove
input masks and alter the decimal places property on
fields in the tables. These properties are not available
in the ADODB or ADOX libraries. Does anyone have any
advice on how to reference these properties through VB?
Any code samples?

I believe these Access Field object display properties (InputMask and DecimalPlaces) are only
accessible via DAO.

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 02:47:49 GMT

1. Programmatically alter the properties for Exhange Server

2. input mask property

3. Default/Input mask property

4. Create Field with Input Mask in DAO

5. Set Format and Input mask of existing field

6. input mask on text field and split function

7. input mask on text field and split function

8. Input Masking for phone number fields

9. Input Masks and Databases (vb5pro)

10. Mask input of a database.

11. Mask input of a database.

12. Programmatically modifying field "description" property