Access 2000 back to Access 97
Author Message
 Access 2000 back to Access 97

You cannot directly open the access 2000 Database in access 97-
although you could to link to it via ODBC.

You might try setting up an ODBX connection, and importing the database
structure/data through it- you will have to reset you indexes though.

sf

Quote:
> Hello All,

> I have developed a VB application using Access 2000 database with ADO.
> Now, I want to change it to Access 97 database, how can I do that? do
I need
> to re-construct the database structure? Also, I find that Access 97
can't
> open
> Access 2000 database, what can I do so that I can open Access 2000
databse
> in Access 97?
> thx all!!

> Rayman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Access 2000 back to Access 97
You can try

Tools -> Databasetools -> convert database -> convert to previous version.

Or something like that. (I have a Norwegian version, so the menu texts are
not the same)

--
Audun Isaksen

Quote:
> Hello All,

> I have developed a VB application using Access 2000 database with ADO.
> Now, I want to change it to Access 97 database, how can I do that? do I
need
> to re-construct the database structure? Also, I find that Access 97 can't
> open
> Access 2000 database, what can I do so that I can open Access 2000 databse
> in Access 97?
> thx all!!

> Rayman

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Access 2000 back to Access 97
RayMan

1: From the Tools Menu.... Database Utilities....Convert Database...to prior
version..

Be warned - I've had a few problems with this so back up your 2000 version
first.

2: If you've split the froms etc from the data (you have haven't you?) then
you can have the 97 and the 2000 version access (no pun intended) it.

97 cannot and will not (IMHO) read 2000 - 2000 will only read 97 as read
only.

Good luck

Jon

Quote:
> Hello All,

> I have developed a VB application using Access 2000 database with ADO.
> Now, I want to change it to Access 97 database, how can I do that? do I
need
> to re-construct the database structure? Also, I find that Access 97 can't
> open
> Access 2000 database, what can I do so that I can open Access 2000 databse
> in Access 97?
> thx all!!

> Rayman

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Access 2000 back to Access 97
Hello All,

I have developed a VB application using Access 2000 database with ADO.
Now, I want to change it to Access 97 database, how can I do that? do I need
to re-construct the database structure? Also, I find that Access 97 can't
open
Access 2000 database, what can I do so that I can open Access 2000 databse
in Access 97?
thx all!!

Rayman

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 01:45:59 GMT
 Access 2000 back to Access 97
When You convert database, You should take care about references. In 97 DAO
is referenced by default.
The best way is to reference the DAO and ADO objects using library name (eg.
ADODB.Recordset or DAO.Recordset)

--
Rastko Potocnik

Quote:

>Hello All,

>I have developed a VB application using Access 2000 database with ADO.
>Now, I want to change it to Access 97 database, how can I do that? do I
need
>to re-construct the database structure? Also, I find that Access 97 can't
>open
>Access 2000 database, what can I do so that I can open Access 2000 databse
>in Access 97?
>thx all!!

>Rayman

Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:17:00 GMT

1. Access 2000 back to Access 97

2. Getting back the formatted MsgBox in Access 2000 that worked in Access 97

3. Access 97 upgrade to Access 2000 or Access 2002

4. Conversion error from Access 2000 to Access 97

5. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

6. Transfer of Coding from Access 97 to Access 2000

7. DLL usage - works in Access 97 but not in Access 2000

8. Access 97 VBA modifications not visible in Access 2000

9. Program from access 97 won't work in access 2000

10. Access 2000 VBA Handbook vis a vis Access 97 VBA Handbook

11. Access 97 and Access 2000 on the Same Computer

12. Using VBA to Convert Access 2000 database to Access 97