ADO, Oracle, MTS, using command object to open Recordset
Author Message
 ADO, Oracle, MTS, using command object to open Recordset

In a MTS object I am trying to use a command object to open some
disconnected recordsets.

It seems that a new connection is being opened for each recordset and
are not being pooled. Also when MTS unloads my dll I get 'Unhandled
exception in SQLLIB18.dll .. Access violation'

When I try the same thing using SQL to open the recordsets - it works as
expected, that is connections are pooled and no unhandled exception
error.

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 20:21:42 GMT
 ADO, Oracle, MTS, using command object to open Recordset
In article

gv21.microsoft.com>,

Quote:

> In a MTS object I am trying to use a command
object to open some
> disconnected recordsets.

> It seems that a new connection is being opened

for each recordset and
Quote:
> are not being pooled. Also when MTS unloads my

dll I get 'Unhandled
Quote:
> exception in SQLLIB18.dll .. Access violation'

> When I try the same thing using SQL to open the

recordsets - it works as
Quote:
> expected, that is connections are pooled and no
unhandled exception
> error.

This article may help you out
http://support.microsoft.com/support/complus/mtsan
doracle.asp
I tried the steps to perform on the MTS side, and
I'm waiting to here back from the DBA's.  If you
get this problem cleared up before I do will you
please notify me?  Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:17:45 GMT
 ADO, Oracle, MTS, using command object to open Recordset
Since posting my message I have found that the problem with 'Unhandled exception in SQLLIB18.dll' seems to be a problem with the version of sqllib18.dll.
Version 1.8.4.0.0  - Unhandled exception problem
version 1.8.3.0.1 (and older version ) - no problem.

I'm still looking for inspiration to do with why the connections don't seem to be pooled if using a ADO command object to open the disconnected recordsets.

* Sent from Developersdex.com http://www.developersdex.com The Web Developers Index *
The world's largest index site for web developers.

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Open multiple recordsets using single parameterized command object

2. Problem passing ADO command objects as parameters in MTS

3. Problem passing ADO command objects as parameters in MTS

4. passing a collection to a mts object with a ADO recordset

5. Using the ADO Command Object to send an Execute command

6. Databinding using ADO Recordset from MTS Component

7. Using an ADO recordset from an MTS Component

8. ADO 2.6 and Oracle 8.1.6 - column data missing when opening a recordset

9. ADO Command Object using Multiple Connection Objects

10. Prompting DSN and opening recordset in ADO (Oracle via ODBC)

11. Oracle, ADO Command object and Parameter fields

12. Open ADO recordset on another ADO recordset - possible?