can't connect to sql server using sa
Author Message
 can't connect to sql server using sa

vb adodc connect sql server
no problem if use windows nt integrated security
but when tried to connect using sa or other users
it always reports login failed
why

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:41:17 GMT
 can't connect to sql server using sa
Hi,

I think your SQL Server configured to support integrated security, not SQL
Server or combined authentication. You would need to reconfigure it to
support it, but not sure if you could do that without reinstalling SQL
Server

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:

> vb adodc connect sql server
> no problem if use windows nt integrated security
> but when tried to connect using sa or other users
> it always reports login failed
> why

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:53:35 GMT
 can't connect to sql server using sa
No, you do not need to reinstall.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q285097

--
-oj
Rac v2.1 Public Beta is RELEASED.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I think your SQL Server configured to support integrated security, not SQL
> Server or combined authentication. You would need to reconfigure it to
> support it, but not sure if you could do that without reinstalling SQL
> Server

> --
> Val Mazur
> Microsoft MVP

> > vb adodc connect sql server
> > no problem if use windows nt integrated security
> > but when tried to connect using sa or other users
> > it always reports login failed
> > why

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 02:39:37 GMT
 can't connect to sql server using sa
thank you all

Quote:
> No, you do not need to reinstall.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q285097

> --
> -oj
> Rac v2.1 Public Beta is RELEASED.
> http://www.rac4sql.net

> > Hi,

> > I think your SQL Server configured to support integrated security, not
SQL
> > Server or combined authentication. You would need to reconfigure it to
> > support it, but not sure if you could do that without reinstalling SQL
> > Server

> > --
> > Val Mazur
> > Microsoft MVP

> > > vb adodc connect sql server
> > > no problem if use windows nt integrated security
> > > but when tried to connect using sa or other users
> > > it always reports login failed
> > > why

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:46:15 GMT

1. Using Vbscript and SQL-DMO to connect to SQL Server and run a T-SQL script

2. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

3. Only sa Connects using SQLOLEDB provider

4. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

5. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

6. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

7. can't connect to SQL Server

8. Can't get other users to connect to SQL Server 7.0 DB

9. Can't Connect to Sql Server with IP Address

10. Can't get other users to connect to SQL Server 7.0 DB

11. ADO won't connect to SQL Server over network

12. Trouble connecting to sql server using DSN