From: Getting a picture stored in access using DAO or RDO
Author Message
 From: Getting a picture stored in access using DAO or RDO

hey all,

Ok I've got a bitmap stored in Access and if I go into access and double

click in the field then bingo up pops the bitmap. Fine.
I've got this little app for keeping track of pilots and aircraft and i
thought it would be nice to have a pic of the pilot as he signs in so
that the admin person can verify who he is.

I do not want to use the Data Controls and I want to get the picture
using the standard Mytable("PictureField") DAO if possible as the rest
of the data access is this way. The connection to the database and
retrieving all other fields is not a problem but if I have a piece of
code like :

Dim MyPic as image

Then further on --

MyPic = Mytable("PictureField")

Then I get a runtime error.

Do I need to do some conversion between the database and the field MyPic

or am I going about this completely the wrong way.

p.s. The picture is stored in access as an OLE object .. Should this be
changed !!!

Thanks in advance .

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting a picture stored in access using DAO or RDO

2. Store and Retrieve Picture with DAO and Access Database

3. VB 5/6 runtime error 40041 when accessing stored procedures using RDO

4. URGENT: VB5 /6 Runtime error 40041 when accessing stored procedures using RDO

5. Getting data from security-enabled Access 2 to Excel 7 using DAO

6. Problems seeing picture stored in Access using OLE bound control

7. Getting List of Stored Queries in Access using ADO

8. Picture Stored in Database (DAO)

9. ADO vs DAO when accessing data stored in MS Access

10. sample program using ado, dao, rdo, client server

11. Problem : Error in Using Both DAO and RDO.

12. RDO Error while retrieving resultset from ORACLE stored procedure using VB5