ADO data control
Author Message
 ADO data control

The ConnectionString property is initially set for my
development environment.  I have a function that changes
the ConnectionString when the form loads so that it will
look for the correct database on the clients machines.
They have a different server, obviously.

Unfortunately, The ADO datacontrol is trying to find the
development server first.  This raises an error because it
can not find the server.  Once this error is cleared the
form loads fine but it's an unwanted step for a user.

Is there a way around this situation?  I have tried two
things but it slows development when working with the
datacontrols. 1) Leave the connection string blank.  The
bound controls do not let a person edit something unless
it finds the database.  2) Set it to the Clients
ConnectionString.  This makes me reset the string manually.

Thanks,

David

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 08:30:47 GMT

1. ADO data control 6.0 and ADO data object 2.1 conflict

2. Using ADO Data Control on User Control as Data Source

3. Create User Control as Data Source Using ADO Data Control

4. Bind an ado recordset directly to an ado data control (adodc)

5. Using ADO w/ADO data control date problems

6. ADO Libary or ADO Data control?

7. ADO Data Control conflicts with ADO 2.5 Library

8. ADO Libary or ADO Data control?

9. ADO Update on ADO Data Control

10. closing ADO data controls and data environment connections

11. ado data control vs. data environment

12. ADO Data Control in Visual Basic 5 with Microsoft Data Access SDK 2.0