ADO SHAPE Command for use with the Microsoft Data Report
Author Message
 ADO SHAPE Command for use with the Microsoft Data Report

I am trying to use a disconected recordset to populate a Microsoft
Data Report designer. After reading many articles on the subject and
unsuccessfully trying to build the query using the Data Environement,
I have come to the conclusion that using the SHAPE command is the only
way to obtain the data I need.

The output I am trying to obtain would be arranged on the Data Report
as follows;

Person
      Description   Hours       Dollars
      Description   Hours       Dollars
      Description   Hours       Dollars
                    TotalHours  TotalDollars

Person
      Description   Hours       Dollars
      Description   Hours       Dollars
      Description   Hours       Dollars
                    TotalHours  TotalDollars

I have been able to obtain all of the above information using the
SHAPE command with the exception of the Totals. Here is the command
text that I have used:

SHAPE {select * from [persons] order by lName}
APPEND ( {select * from [logs]} AS rsLogs RELATE [ID] to [ID])

I would like to be able to append an additional child recordset that
would total the various fields I need totaled. I have tried to use the
COMPUTE command and various other methods to no avail. Any insight
into this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Joshua Coad

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 22:19:40 GMT
 ADO SHAPE Command for use with the Microsoft Data Report
Hi Joshua,

You have nearly finished your job. Just add two
RptFunction controls on your report and let them calculate
the total values for you.

HTH

Andy

Quote:

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:14:57 GMT
 ADO SHAPE Command for use with the Microsoft Data Report
Thanks for the tip! I guess the answer was right in front of my face..thanks again!

Joshua

Quote:
> Hi Joshua,

> You have nearly finished your job. Just add two
> RptFunction controls on your report and let them calculate
> the total values for you.

> HTH

> Andy

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:26:27 GMT

1. Using the Shape command to multiple grouping of data for data reports

2. Using the Shape command to multiple grouping of data for data reports

3. ADO Shape Command / Data Report

4. Using ADO SHAPE command to UPDATE

5. Problems using SHAPE command when building Database connection string using UDL File

6. Using MS Data Shaping with OLE DB - data from more than one table in mpp file

7. ADO, SQL Server, VB problem posted to the microsoft.public.data.ado group as well

8. ADO Shape Command

9. ADO Shape command, please help.

10. Cannot execute SHAPE command on ADO recordset

11. SHAPE APPEND command from ADO with VB6

12. Cannot execute SHAPE command on ADO recordset